Help with Adwords or Google Shopping Ads

12 0 0

Hello.  Would someone please help me get started with adwords?  I've used the keyword planner, and read a bunch of guides, but feels like i'm only spending money and not getting results.

I haven't used Adwords on my current product yet, but have for other stuff.

Is it even possible to use adwords to get direct sales (instead of just a lead to sign up for emails)?  Or maybe focus on shopping ads instead?

And if so, could someone please help me see a couple good keywords or "search phrases" for it.  Just a little overwhelmed with all the options we have and don't want to keep throwing money at it without any results.

Thank you :) 

http://loudervox.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jason,

Yes, it's absolutely possible to get "direct sales" from AdWords. This is referred to as "last-click attribution".

There are a lot of ways to setup and optimize an AdWords campaign that it's hard to give a cut-and-dry answer. What's the rough structure of your campaign?

The two most important pieces of advice I can give for the newbie having managed AdWords campaigns for 8 years is to start with a small CPC that is ultra-focused on what is most likely to convert. This means targeting your best region, your best broad-matched modifier keywords, your best devices. Leverage the data in your Google Analytics to see what generally converts best then use this as a starting point for your AdWords.

Secondly, make sure your tracking is spot on so you can measure what's working and what isn't.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
11 0 0

Hi Jason,

I think your product is really cool - I love that's it's wooden and the design is neat.

Building on what Joshua right says about going super targeted to start with, I would start by targeting a phrase match search for "acoustic iphone speaker" or an exact match search for [acoustic iphone speaker].

When I typed in acoustic iphone speaker into Google in the UK, where I'm based, I get no search ads but a load of Google Shopping ads, which are great because they instantly showcase the product in situ (I can send you a screenshot to your email if you like - tried to paste in an image to this post but it didn't work). So I'd also look at Google Shopping ads too. It gives people a chance to view your product, decide if they like it and then click through. So even though you might get viewer clicks through, they'll be clicks from people who are more curious, if you see what I mean.

Will Young, CEO and Co-founder of rais. rais works with busy online retailers (and their agencies) who want to grow revenue faster and easier by converting more customers across marketing channels. Our software is a mix of Marketing Automation, CRM and Business Intelligence saving our clients time while boosting profits. Email: will@rais.io
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Joshua,

Is there a good way to get tracking to work for "first click" attribution? So we can tell who clicks and then buys later?

Brent

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hi Jason Rankin  what sort budget do you have as i can could be of some help

0 Likes
2 0 0

i gone to your website but your newsletter ad appear like 3 times. i try to remove it but no sucess. i just want to close your website. remove that !!!

0 Likes
1 0 0

I can tell you that I clicked on the link on my Android phone and was taken to the home page and then get the subscribe screen with no way to close it and see the main page 

I can't speak for others, but when I go to a site that is trying to "force" me to subscribe, I am done at that point and on to a competitor that doesn't 

John

0 Likes
12 0 0

Thanks for everyone's replies so far.  I signed up for Adwords coupon code, and it only set me up with Adwords Express.  I don't see how I can choose keywords now.

Adwords Express only lets me choose an audience and very broad topic i.e., mobile phone accessories.

0 Likes
12 0 0

I was hoping to keep the budget about $50 - 100 a month to start.

0 Likes
12 0 0

Can you please explain the newsletter popup?  I have tested it in Chrome and IE and it appears to function properly on my end.

0 Likes