Help with conversions on adwords and google merchant

Ecofriendlyspot
9 0 0

Heloo,

My name is Matt from www.ecofriendlyspot.com. I need some words of advice on some poor advertisment results I am getting. I have been using adwords, and also adwords on google merchant. I dont think I have had 1 conversion for running ads for a whole week. I just want to know if this is normal, or if I am doing something wrong. I also am advertising on facebook, but I am not getting any luck on that either. I have only been open for a month and I have had about 5 sales. Any advie and any help i can get would be fantastic. 

Thanks in advance,

-Matt 

0 Likes
Simon56
2 0 0

Hi Matt,

I hear your frustration. Digital marketing is a super confusing space, and it's hard to figure out what you're doing right or wrong even with the help of these forums or Googling around.

I've connected a few startups with successful digital marketing experts. These experts typically have years (sometimes a decade or more) of digital marketing experience. If you'd like, they could spend some time on the phone with you and give you some pointers, and if you like what you hear, you might even get them to run a campaign or two for you and see if the ROI is there.

Drop me a line if you'd like me to put you in touch -- I'm at simon@expertverse.co

Simon

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

You very well could be getting poor sales for many reasons. It really is a hard question to answer without seeing what you are advertising, who you are advertising to, and how they are behaving.

Unless you have good advertising knowledge, AdWords is risky. Facebook is a lot more forgiving, simple, and can outperform AdWords in a lot of markets. What are you Facebook targeting rules, audience, and ad copy?

Looking at your store, you have so many SKUs. Your collection categorization is not the best and there is no search functionality. Get a good search box going with an app like https://apps.shopify.com/instant-search

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Ecofriendlyspot
9 0 0

Josh,

Thanks for reaching out. There's about 13k products so it needs to be organized a bit better I agree. I am really open to some suggestions on that as well. Should I have the categories and then break off into subsections? Facebook my target audience is broad. Both men and women ages 18-65. I filtered with my keywords and still had about 1 million to advertise to. I am still trying to get the hang of facebook advertising. Its trial and error as of now. I have stopped adwords for now until I can figure it out. I need to not waste money. Any tips on facebook advertising?

your feedback is awesome. I am changing things as I write this. 

Thanks,

-Matt

0 Likes