Hi I installed GA in shopify and also activate enhanced eCommerce tracking but in GA Product click data is not coming

Gursimran2
1 0 0

Hi I installed GA in shopify and also activate enhanced eCommerce tracking but in GA Product click data is not coming,

I followed this article https://help.shopify.com/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-analytics-setup

Please check attached screen shot for more clarty

Regards

GursimranProduct List Performance

0 Likes

Hi Gursimran,

The Product List Performance report is not part of Shopify's standard Enhanced Ecommerce setup so you will not see such data there in analytics. Why? I have no idea! It's a "less-than-deal implementation" of EE not using its full features. If you want further help in setting your analytics up to the most it can be in Shopify, see my analytics guide for Shopify.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
KuznetsEnvy
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

@Josh_Uebergang wrote:

Hi Gursimran,

The Product List Performance report is not part of Shopify's standard Enhanced Ecommerce setup so you will not see such data there in analytics. Why? I have no idea! It's a "less-than-deal implementation" of EE not using its full features. If you want further help in setting your analytics up to the most it can be in Shopify, see my analytics guide for Shopify.

@Josh_Uebergang , thanks for your guide. It was useful for us. 
Could you give further info on how to get same splendid data for "Product List Performance" report in Shopify? 

I've read in Google documentation that "Ecommerce data can only be sent with an existing hit, for example a pageview or event. If you use ecommerce commands but do not send any hits, or the hit is sent before the ecommerce command then the ecommerce data will not be sent."
So I wonder how should this correlate with native Shopify GA integration: which event could I fire to avoid duplicate pageviews in GA reports.

0 Likes

I don't know of a way. Someone might be able to jump in to provide some JavaScript that stops Shopify from sending any analytics information, until your custom events for Product List Performance are sent. You'd also need the standard universal code to load first before sending the event information in order to not send duplicate data.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
186 16 45

There are dependencies between HTML elements/classes which are defined by and differ between Shopify themes. There is not really a consistent way to scale this kind of event tracking across all Shopify stores, because there is no opinionated or standardization requirements on theme coding to this level of detail (not sure if that's even a good idea tbh) so currently, this kind of tracking needs to be customized to your theme.

I've setup some banner tracking in a similar way "internal promotions" using custom GTM events and a guy on Upwork to help out.

Full time Shopify SEO. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes
KuznetsEnvy
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

It would be tremendously helpful to have someone illustrate the process for any single theme, just to illustrate the concept.
For those (like me) who have basic understanding of how Google Analytics tracking works and no understanding about how Shopify GA integration functions – and know HTML/JavaScript it's still challenging to make this "Product list performance" report work without a 3rd party app.

0 Likes