High traffic and no sales, please critic my store any feedback and tips are welcome

Solved
2 0 1

Hello,

I recently started a shopify store specializing in Dog Apparel. More specifically we specialize in trendy streetwear products that resemble street fashion that humans wear. The website name is puppypluGG.com which I think is a really catchy name, if you are familiar with the slang term "plug" it just means someone who provides a good or connect hence the *plug*. 

I think my layout is fairly decent, although I could use some tips. I have received nearly 500 site visitors over the past 3 days since it's creation, and have already had many views and clicks through google ads and facebook marketing. I have already spent around $25 purely on advertising without ANY sales. 

Any and all feedback on the site is appreciated, as I am still new to this.

Thank you very much.

-Alex 

1 Like

Success.

$25 is not enough to know if your ads or working or not. Your sales cycle could be longer then 3 days and thus you could need a week of running ads before you get one sale.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make your contact email your domain name

2. Add links to your footer for about us and and FAQ. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Setup a main menu with links to your collection pages. No need to have a drop down menu

Product Page Feedback

1. Add links to your return/refund policy on each product page as you do for shipping shipping

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
2 0 1

Thank you very much for the suggestions Duane,

I will be sure to implement these into my store. My store visitors are now up to 1.5k and I have not made a sale yet, I am beginning to worry. However, patience is a virtue.

Thanks again,

-Alex

0 Likes

Hi Alex,

Your store looks great, love you product line,

Few inputs to consider:

• Changing the colors of your call to action buttons - the Add to Cart and Checkout buttons to light blue / green / red something light and attractive, It's less aligned with your theme colors but at the end of the day it makes many more sales, see: https://www.postmm.com/internet-marketing/lead-generation-conversion/ecommerce-button-color
  • Changing the "Check out" button to Checkout
  • I recommend working with Facebook Dynamic Ads strategies, and starting to look at conversions of people adding to cart and purchasing, so your systems can learn what you consider good results and improve

All the best!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
155 3 0

I suggest these apps to increase sales:

1. Sales Pop Master ‑ Sales Popup: Automatically display recent sales notifications to boost customer's order decision on your online store as social proof sales pop-ups.

2. Upsell Cross‑Sell Smart Tool:

• Create product upsell and cross-sell offers: Set up upsell and cross-sell offers easily. Show popups after customers add to cart or decide to check out.
  • Encourage shopping needs: Suggest different products so that customers buy more items and grow the cart value
  • Increase your revenue: Drive more sales by offering to upsell and cross-sell products. Expand the cart value by stimulating customers to make other purchases.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
86 3 14

Hey @puppypluGG ,

There are two areas I'd look at - Audience and Funnel

Audience (users coming to your site):

At the start, you want to cast a wide net to experiment and see which users actually convert the best (it may be different from your initial assumption). Once you have some data on initial high conversion customers you want to double down on them.

Is there anything in your targeting currently that is consistent across all your audiences and / or are the audiences too precise in their targeting?

Funnel:

Is there a specific part of the sales funnel you see an abnormally high drop of from customers (landing page, product page, check out, payments page, shipment details, etc). If there is a large drop off in one area, it could point you in the direction of your problem.

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes its too early to to analyse, give your ads some time and then see performance, also make sure you are targeting right audience in ads. Ifyou need help in Ads please let me know, 

0 Likes