High traffic low conversions

5 0 0

Hi,my sister and I have opened up a online womens boutique store called magnoliaparkboutique.com We opened it up about 5 weeks ago,we use facebook and instagram for advertising.We have had a lot of traffic but low conversions.We have only had 1 out of state sale.Our analytics show more men then women coming to site and they only stay on main page.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.           Magnoliaparkboutique.com                                                        

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
35 0 4
  • Put your phone number somewhere more prominently
  • Add some security symbols
  • Add live chat
  • Use Exit Intent for the popup box or at least wait 5 seconds
  • Shorten your header space.  All the good stuff is below the fold.
  • Add your photos on the About Us page - people want to know who they are buying from.

If you need recommendations for apps to do some of those, contact me directly.

0 Likes
5 0 0

what do you mean by security symbols

0 Likes
4 0 0

Well, the biggest mistake it's on your target if you want to target women, on the Facebook ads you choose to only target women and just that should increase your conversion rates.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
112 0 25

Hi Bella!

Your shop looks really good. I like your logo, but you may want to go with something smaller. It pushes your content too far down. When you say high traffic and low conversions, can you be more specific? It can help us diagnose issues. 

You have a good site running, so now it's time to start optimizing your sales funnel. Your funnel looks something like this with made up numbers.

1. You run an Instagram ad. 2000 people see it. 
  2. Of those 2,000 people, 100 click to visit your site. 
  3. 50 of them stay on the site long enough to view a product.
  4. 5 of those people add something to their cart
  5. 2 complete a checkout. 

That would represent a 2% conversion rate (2 sales for 100 visitors), which is very good. People drop off at every step of your funnel, starting at the top where they are exposed to the ad all the way through checkout. Your job is to figure out where a disproportionate number of people are dropping off and figure out how to fix it. 

It sounds like you have done some of that and identified there is a problem between step 2 and 3. Traffic is hitting your site and then bouncing quickly. You think the problem is that you're getting the wrong type of traffic (men). So start at your traffic sources. Where is the wrong type of traffic coming from? Are your ads targeted correctly and is there something you can do to make them appeal more to women? 

Once you have that figured out, some other part of your funnel will have the next biggest problem. For example, maybe you're getting the right traffic now, and people are clicking into products, but they're not adding items to their cart. You could experiment with your pricing or your product descriptions. You're on your way, it's time to start fixing your funnel! I hope this helps and good luck!

Turn your Shopify traffic into sales. Check out https://neatab.com/?f
1 Like
4 0 0

As NeatShift already noticed, your conversion rate is quite good. For better topic understanding, I highly recommend to read this article. Yea, it's a little bit outdated, but it will help you to understand this topic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
154 0 10

Hi Bella:

If you are getting more men traffic than women for your online women boutique, it means that something is not going well with your Ads, you have to set the gender segmentation, age segmentation... If you don't do this you are paying for non-relevant clicks (waste of money)

Free Professional Adwords Campaigns: https://apps.shopify.com/cleverppc

Shopify APP https://apps.shopify.com/cleverppc WEB www.cleverecommerce.com
0 Likes