High traffic very low sales

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

I know there are a ton of these posts but hoping to draw in some new ideas....I have had my site open for about a month now www.shananigansshirts.com and i ham seeing 10k viewers a month with incredibly low sales. I have tried email campaigns, facebook marketing, IG marketing, I've added a free shipping banner but I didn't like it so i removed it. Please give me some feedback on how to get more sales?

1 Like
Highlighted

I'd recommend engage your visitors with your content and actions they can take so they work towards the sale, and then sell.   I can only speak specifically about product Q&A on your product pages since this is what we do for a living with Answerbase, we have a product question and answer app on the app store.   I'd recommend trying it for 30 days and seeing if we can get some of those 10K visitors to convert for you....typically with that traffic level we can get them asking questions about the product and up to 75% of those questions you answer convert to a sale.   Then, the same questions in the future are answered automatically...so your time reduces over time...while still increasing conversions.

It does depend a bit on product type, but we do have customers in apparel where we fill in the content gaps/demands and get the customer buying.

Shopify Technology Partner | Answerbase.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I can completely understand that it can be frustrating to have so many visits yet little conversions. It is often a pain point when opening a store but we can definitely help with that! Since you are creating targeted advertisement through social channels, it might be best to focus on small improvements on your site. 

One of the biggest recommendations would be to offer a more narrow catalog of products. At first glance, it was clear that you offer a variety of shirts for both men and women. That is great! Your brand is clear right off the bat. However, when scrolling your site, I can see you have some miscellaneous products such as wine cups, rings, cufflinks, sunglasses, etc. This is slightly confusing and contradictory to your domain and brand. A generalist business plan can be costly since it is difficult to create curated social media content and advertising. Someone interested solely in apparel may land on your site and feel overwhelmed with the additional product options and abandon their cart. 

With that being said, I would strongly suggest to narrow down your product catalog and focus on implementing more options on a single niche of products. For instance, offer more categories of shirts such as sport shirts, party shirts, every day shirts, formal shirts, etc. That way, there is more variety for your niche product. You can even add an accessories category but keep it specific to your niche product. For example, you can offer cufflinks as it pertains to formal shirts. However, something like sunglasses or wine cups would not mesh as well with your niche product.

I believe that if you offer a niche product and build off of that, you will convert more sales. I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

I added the widget for Answerbase and put in the code but now my images arent showing up? I had to remove it to fix my page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

1st you need complete sale product analysis and used high-quality image or descriptive content of your product. And social channel icon on your site. Regular update your product on social media sites.

@Shananigans wrote:

I know there are a ton of these posts but hoping to draw in some new ideas....I have had my site open for about a month now www.shananigansshirts.com and i ham seeing 10k viewers a month with incredibly low sales. I have tried email campaigns, facebook marketing, IG marketing, I've added a free shipping banner but I didn't like it so i removed it. Please give me some feedback on how to get more sales?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

@Answerbase wrote:

I'd recommend engage your visitors with your content and actions they can take so they work towards the sale, and then sell.   I can only speak specifically about product Q&A on your product pages since this is what we do for a living with Answerbase, we have a product question and answer app on the app store.   I'd recommend trying it for 30 days and seeing if we can get some of those 10K visitors to convert for you....typically with that traffic level we can get them asking questions about the product and up to 75% of those questions you answer convert to a sale.   Then, the same questions in the future are answered automatically...so your time reduces over time...while still increasing conversions.

It does depend a bit on product type, but we do have customers in apparel where we fill in the content gaps/demands and get the customer buying.

The app did not work for me.....please help?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'll have our support reach out and we can manage the installation for you if you'd like.

We'll reach out to the email on your account.

Shopify Technology Partner | Answerbase.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, Shananigans.

Before you hang something (install new applications) on the site or what to do, you need to understand the user’s paths, from which pages they go, from which channels they come from. Analyze what attracts them to your site. That is, you need to analyze Google Analytics. Unless of course you have one). After that, think about what you need to do to retain users when given with Google Analytics. Maybe they are just not targeted at your site. You have very low prices for goods, the site loads quickly, the site is average but everything is clear to you that you are selling! If you want, we can see your analytics together, write to the mail indicated in Support of my application, we understand this topic: https://apps.shopify.com/feed-product-facebook-google

Application consultant

Feed Product

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

This may be more of a blessing than a curse, you're obviously doing something right to get the traffic on your site, but the question is, is it relevant to business?

Relevancy of the traffic plays a vital role if you are not getting relevant traffic your sales won’t boost, getting the traffic is not everything getting the relevant traffic is the way to go.

Few things you can do to improve the quality and relevance of traffic :

1) Initially, you need to analyze the sources from which you get traffic. (Paid / Organic / Direct)

2) Is your site optimized for the search engines, if not you need to figure out the way to achieve organic traffic. Refer to this image.

pasted image 0.png

Source: Google

3) How do you use marketing services to attract the target audience? Since you're already using social media marketing, figure to see whether targeting is optimized for the right audience? Social Media generally enables you to build your brand & build awareness.

This is a fairly common issue for e-commerce companies. You need to re-analyze your site and look at these points before you miss the opportunity to attract the relevant audience that converts.

thanks

CedCommerce | Digital Marketing Services

Digital Marketing Analyst
E-mail: asthaupadhyay@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 2 3

Before I even start with targeting the first suggestion will be to work on your product pages and delete the Shopify details from the product pages. Make product descriptions that will resonate with your target audience.

Now if you have a high amount of traffic and low sales it can be many things, you have to work on having fewer categories to make your store more attractive to a specific audience. I work on Pinterest marketing for my clients and by far the most important thing of any campaign I run is researching the target audience.

After you have your target audience you have to research what platforms are they using and what content are they engaging with. 

When you have your targeting done you can start creating content that resonates with that audience. Make sure to talk about how that particular product makes them feel and not about the features of the product.

Pinterest is a great platform you can try. It's a search engine where users are looking for things to buy and it currently has 300 million monthly active users.

p.s. The last thing will be to raise prices, with the prices on your website it will be impossible to get a good ROI with paid ads.

Working on generating revenue with Pinterest for my clients.
0 Likes