How Important is adding Alt Text to Images for SEO?

Hayden_K
5 0 0

How Important is adding Alt Text to Images for SEO? And can someone give me some best practices for adding the text?

I don't have very much knowledge on the subject and would like to learn more. I'm honestly not even sure what I should type into the alt text boxes. Is it that important? 

Also, feel free to check out my site https://Solar-Us-Shop.com if you have any additional questions/comments/advice. 

I appreciate your time, and I hope to get a good discussion going on the topic.

Thanks,

Hayden

0 Likes
Jodyshop_Shoppi
Tourist
50 0 2

Well, it's very very important thing you have to consider. Currently most of my shopping website visitors came from Google Images search, Bing images search, Yahoo images search.

See, it's very important SEO ranking factor

Google, in their article about images, has a heading “Create great alt text”. This is not a coincidence, Google places a relatively high value on alt texts to determine what is on the image but also to determine the topic of surrounding text.

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Hayden_K
5 0 0

Good stuff Jodyshop!

Did you use an app to generate your alt tags or didn't you enter them individually on your own?

0 Likes
Deborah_Bradley
12 0 0

Alt Text to Images for SEO is very important because Alt Text help your site for ranking in google.

0 Likes