49 0 11

I set my shopify account to sync with Mail Chimp

This is how it works

All three things must happen to get your customers onto your mail chimp list

1. They must accept marketing

2. They must create an acct

3. They must order something.

My problem is 

Customers order stuff but they do not create an account.. These customers (about 75% of my customers) never make it onto my mailchimp list.

These purchasing accountless customers (that accept maketing) are my most valuable customers and yet they do not get oin my mailchimp. After about a year of using MailChimp intergration, I just came to realize my huge problem.  

Another variation is that a customer will create an account and opt in for marketing and then will abandon cart. These customers never make it onto MailChimp either.

SHOPIFY why is the bar so high to get onto MailChimp?  Can you lower the bar to allow non-account customers to flow to MailChimp?  I am losing huge sales opportunities.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
400 0 68

Hi Robert,

Britton here with the Shopify support team.

It is possible to get non-account customers to show up in your MailChimp mailing lists by using a newsletter sign up box. Most of the themes in our theme store have one in the footer of the website, but we do have many themes that come with a built in pop up newsletter form. You can also add in a pop up form to capture the email addresses of your other customers using one of these apps:

Another good way to entice customers to sign up using such a box is to offer a one time use discount code if they do sign up. 

I will make a feature request for you though about seeing if we can change how the signup process works via checkout so that it submits the data earlier.

I hope that helps!

-Britton

Britton Shopify Guru
0 Likes