How To Change H1 Tag for Homepage?

MaximS
Excursionist
40 0 7

Hi all - newbie here with a couple SEO questions.  I ran my site through a number of SEO analysis programs and they all are flagging my lack of H1 tags/headers as an issue.  At the moment I just have the image logo of my site tagged as H1.  

Now I've read over and over from various Shopify people that Shopify is very focused on SEO, which makes sense since they make money when their stores make money.  A couple Shopify people have also mentioned that google doesn't really look at H1 tags anymore.  It does seem strange to me though that all of the SEO analysis services still flag H1 though.

So what is the consensus these days?  Should I be worried about filling in the H1 tags?  Or can I ignore this?  It seems strange that if it was important, Shopify wouldn't make this a easy to use part of their GUI.  

On a second note, my keywords all seem to be menu headers and navigation terms, like "About Us" or "link" and other such non-informative terms.  How do I switch this up so I can add my own keywords and ignore the existing random ones.  Is this tied to H2 or H3 headers?

Thanks in advance!

FYI, store is www.verlein.com.  Still working on it so there are some definite missing pieces, but you'll get the gist....

0 Likes
Atique
Pathfinder
223 5 19

Hello there,

I can help you on this issue. Please mail me at atique@99coders.co

Waiting for your mail,

Thanks 

Atique/99coders

also, If you like my answer then please like & for helpful then please accept as a solution.
Best Regards,
Shopify Expert
Atique/99coders
Email: atique@99coders.co
0 Likes
kvg_australia
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi MaximS, I'm having the same issue with missing H1 tags on my Shopify home page.  Did you every get an answer to this?

0 Likes