How can I change my shopify url Structure

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 1 7

This doesn't solve what he wants. 

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

We would also very much like to see this done soon!

We signed up for Shopify long ago without much knowledge of websites, but have grown greatly since and it now seems we have outgrown Shopify.

This slow implementation of an important and such basic URL structuring shows Shopify does not value their community's needs!

I will reluctantly begin looking for alternatives to Shopify. I hope to hear back with an aggressive implementation date from Shopify on this so we can continue to be partners. 

I am with Impulse Medical Technologies and The Electrode Store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I can believe this basic but important customization is available. Crazy! we are thinking in moving away only for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Somebody think in the user experience for the foreign languages user.... Shopify: You need to be inclusive, we all are paying your service as equals...

Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

To change Shopify URL follow this steps:

• Login to your Shopify admin page.
  • Go to Online store → Domains.
  • Find the Primary domain section.
  • Click “Change the primary domain”.
  • Choose your desired primary domain.
  • Click Save.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 9

That's not what this thread is about. 

It doesn't solve the URL issue. That's a domain change only.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

There's other, more efficient, ways to trace how the customers get to the product.

Shopify, please let us choose the structure our selves, all shopify sites are ranking lower than they could have been. Partly because google interprets the duplicated links as duplicated content.

Kind regards

Highlighted
1 0 0

Almost 3 years now and still no good solution.

The URL structure is indeed very important, shorter the better, especially for Google. Why hasn't Shopify added this feature yet, and how difficult can it be to implement?

A better structure would be:
sitename/category/product.
Not
sitename/collections/collection-name/product/product-name

Some of my websites are in Spanish and or Dutch. Having the word 'collections' would not make sense in the URL

Just give us the option to change the name of 'collections' in the URL.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks! Worked for me over at Awake Happy.