How can I have more visitors on my Shopify store with SEO?

VladimirRobert
1 0 1

Hello I'm running a Shopify store with paid ads on Facebook and Instagram etc, I'm just trying to find out if there's way to promote store through SEO and save any single penny from paid marketing on my store?

Hi @VladimirRobert

First of all, I'd like to go over what SEO actually means: 

Shopify SEO tactics can also be categorized in the same three buckets: 

• On-page SEO: On-page SEO covers all approaches you use to help search engines better understand and rank your content - which includes making content friendly and useful to your target audience; then optimizing your headings, tags, links so it can also be friendly to search engines. 
  • Off-page SEO: Off-page SEO covers all activities carried out on another site or platforms, including, but not limited to Link Building, Social Media, Local citation, landing reviews. 
  • Technical SEO: Technical SEO covers all activities that play a deciding role in whether your Shopify store gets indexed by search engines, including: site speed optimization, structured data, canonicalization, hreflang, and more all classes as technical SEO.

Most Peopl Start with OnPage SEO, You'd need to  01. Title 

Naturally, you want to include your focus keyword in the Title tag, whether it's a product page or a blog page. 

But that's also what everyone is doing. To take it to the next level, you'd need to: 

• Add emotion-triggering, click-magnet words: Buyers are human too they are influenced by powerful words like X% off, Free Shipping, Guarantee

These click-magnet words help you increase your CTR, a higher CTR = more clicks = more sales. Quick math! 

• Be mindful of the length of characters: The Title tag should be less than 70 characters, while your meta description should be less than 320 characters. 

Check out how Shopify SEO built-in tool makes it much easier for you to edit Page Title and Description. 

PageFly_0-1619698155201.gif

02. Meta description

Similar to the Title tag, Meta description should have less than 320 characters (as indicated in Shopify SEO section), including focus keyword, related keywords and product features. 

Now this is where most SEO beginners got it wrong - by cramming keywords into the meta description - in fact, it won't help at your SEO at all. Your meta description should be: 

• Contain power keyword: Try now, Get it now, Buy now, Sales off 
  • Be descriptive - tell audience what to expect 

Why? A persuasive copy helps your page get more clicks, and a higher CTR tells Search Engines about the attractiveness of your page - playing effects in climbing to a higher ranking. 

PRO TIP 1: Now, Shopify SEO built-in tool shown above, without a doubt, is pretty handy to most SEO beginners. Unfortunately, the configuration was a bit outdated - Google no longer counts Title tag and meta description in the number of characters, it uses pixels instead. So how do you get the perfect SEO title and meta tag for your Product Pages? 

Use this tool as an additional resource when crafting your Shopify SEO copies: 

PageFly_1-1619698155281.jpeg

Simply enter your Title, Meta and URL, and get an accurate SERP simulator to see if your Title or Meta are chopped off where it matters! As you can see, the Title should be under 560 pixels, URL should contain less than 560 pixels and META tag should be 990 pixels. 

PRO TIP 02: It's easy to get lumbered with writing title tags and meta tags for your product pages, especially when you have hundreds of pages. How can you make it easier? By spying on Google Ads results of that keyword! 

Head over to Isearchfrom.com, enter your keyword, choose your Language, Country and Device. 

PageFly_2-1619698155259.jpeg

In an instance, you can see all Google Ads results, plus organic results for your keyword. The 1st Google Ads results are often the ones with the best Click-through-rate, which means you can take them as the standards, or inspiration to write your own copies. 

Notice the meta tag of the Ad from Chewy.com - it has the focus keyword, brand name, a number of proof (18000+, 24/7), power words (Free, Now, Low Prices). This is a good example to learn from and apply for your own Product pages. 

PageFly_3-1619698155349.png

03.. Body content 

Most category pages or product pages get straight to the products with no introduction — which isn’t good for User experience, and for Search Engines. 

You should aim for at least a 300-word intro with your keyword included at least 2-3 times. (But don’t stuff it in there — make it flow and look natural.)

After that, you can use User-generated content, especially Product Reviews to rank for more keywords and increase conversion rate probabilities. Check out this example for Solo Stove where they masterfully combine Long-form content, Video content, Product Reviews and Excellent product usability wrapped up in a nice design. 

To sum up, check out this format from Bigcommerce.com 

PageFly_4-1619698155461.png

Learn more about how to design a rocking product page with PageFly's Ultimate Guide to eCommerce Product Page Design

PRO TIP 1: Avoid using jargon, overcomplicated words. Use words and phrases that your customer uses. 

Use Hemingway app to check if your content can be easily scanned and has good readability. 

PageFly_5-1619698155337.png

PRO TIP 2: Use LSI (Latent Indexing Intent). 

LSI keywords are essentially keywords that are semantically related to your main keyword, used in a search query. These LSI keywords supplement the main keywords and act as helpers to give stronger contextual information to the search engines and users.

Simply enter your focus keyword in LSIgraph.com 

PageFly_6-1619698155272.png

Let LSI database do the heavy work, and get a list of LSI keywords that you can use for your Product Page content 

PageFly_7-1619698155447.gif

04. Image ALT 

Google can’t read images, they rely on alt text to know what it’s about which provides you another opportunity to include your keyword on the page, but only if it's relevant. 

Keyword cramming is never good, whether in Page content, or in Image ALT. Write ALT text like you're describing the images to a visually-impaired person. 

To optimize your Image ALT, check out this Shopify SEO app: 

Avada SEO Image Optimizer helps you quickly optimize your Alt tag, among other great options like Meta tags optimization, SEO checklist or auto-complete Google Structured Data. 

PageFly_8-1619698155327.png

Those are just the basics, you'd also need to optimize your Internal Link structure, Backlinks and Keyword Research. You can learn more about detailed steps to drive organic traffic in this article

Let me know if my answer is of any help, with a like and thumb up  

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

kevinsmith12
6 0 0

Hi, I can help you in. I'm an SEO Expert having 2+ years of experience. I would be very interested in working with you and I have prior experience in SEO.

0 Likes
LiamJohnson
6 0 0

Hey @VladimirRobert, so there are A LOT of different ways to optimize your website for search engines, so I’ll just tell you straight up what exactly worked for me and my clients.

Satisfy Search Intent - In order to rank better in the google search results, you need to answer all of the searcher’s queries.

In order to do that you need to focus on:

• Revealing the most relatable and informative answer to a wide range of questions that revolve around the topic.

• Using better videos, visuals, and examples to explain your point.

• Providing a seamless mobile experience, interactive interface, and faster site in order to have a better user experience.

• Getting people/pages to link back to you.

Develop a strategy - focus on building an eCommerce SEO strategy which includes-

• Site design based on your keyword research

• On-page SEO through essential keyword optimization in meta descriptions and tags.

• Technical SEO to help guarantee search engines can slither your web page effectively.

• Local SEO to help you drive local organic traffic to your website.

• Content Marketing to drive extra organic traffic.

• Building External links to help improve the authority of your website.

• Using tools like Google Analytics and Ahrefs to measure the SEO success of your website.

Apart from this, if you are looking for SEO tools, these are my top recommendations-

•Google Adwords Keyword Tool

•Open Site Explorer

•SEOmoz Keyword Tool

•Buzzstream

•Mergewords

The above pointers only scratches the surface when it comes to ecommerce site SEO. I recently attended a webinar that covers this and much more in quite simple terms. Maybe you can have a look - https://bit.ly/3imXm7j

Cheers. 

0 Likes
Judithmg
Shopify Partner
212 0 19

The combination of SEO and SEM is the perfect strategy to boost conversions! When choosing your eCommerce keywords, It’s important to keep this in mind. How many people are searching for each keyword? Should I choose the keywords with the highest amount of monthly searches? Not necessarily. For now, just filter the keywords that fit the most with what you offer on your eCommerce website. You will want to choose wider-reaching keywords with a lot of monthly searches but also more specific long-tail keywords with a lower amount of searches that are more specific and close to what you offer. Here, some tips:

• When doing a backlinking strategy, try to get links to your website from other websites with domains like .org, .edu or .gov. These pages are great for backlinking because they often have a lot of domain authority. Don’t forget to check that the links you are building with other pages are “Do Follow” links, otherwise it won’t help your page’s authority.
  • Edit your URLs and make them SEO friendly, always try to have in your URLs the keyword that you are trying to rank for. For example, if we are trying to rank a blogpost for the keyword “cat collars”, a perfect URL would be: catcollars.com/blog/top-5-best-cat-collar. The words of the URL should be separated by using dashes, just as the example above.
  • Pay special attention when you are building you snippets, specially with the “Tittle Tags” and “Meta description tags”. Try always to put your main keyword in:
    • <Title>
    • <URL>
    • <Meta description>
    • <Slug> (The visible URL)

You can find the number of monthly searches by entering the keyword on any keyword planner. You can also get for free this Google Ads and Shopify app to help you identify the best keywords for your niche and optimize your advertising campaigns. 

0 Likes