How do I get out of the Google Sandbox?

memelordmartin
Excursionist
36 0 3

Long story short, I made a rookie mistake of using a bad SEO company. I inadvertently broke Webmaster guidelines, and my site is very likely in the google sandbox. When I don't have ads running, I get on average fewer than 10 visitors per day.

What should I do to extract myself from this premature digital grave?

0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
142 11 38

Were you ever getting any traffic? How have you diagnosed a manual/auto penalty applied? 

Usually fixing this in-situ involves a link-audit to find the bad links and associated cleanup where possible. 

A self defined Shopify SEO "expert". Sometimes I freelance outside the 9-5
0 Likes
Propelguru
Excursionist
158 0 11

The nature of the problem means that issues such as "trust" and "authority" have become a major concern in conducting keyword searches.

The critical point here is that older domains are "more trustworthy" and have more "authority" than new ones - they have a history that can be tested.

So let's use that.

Link development is always a key element in Google's rankings, but if the normal link development on a new domain is to be wasted, let's use a lateral solution.

Suppose SEO is about making traffic targeted by search engines, and links are essential in increasing site visibility with keywords. In that case, we need to think beyond the standard SEO box.

Let's not link to build our new domains.

A link to build domains for older people instead.

If you want to hit Google Sandbox, then don't directly link to building your small business site.

Instead of setting up your content and links on authorized third-party sites, you also link to building these pages.

If you can find a listing on third-party sites where active links are permitted, you successfully set up third-party verification for your targeted website with links from older, trusted, and authoritative domains.

By creating links, I am talking about ways to make a volume link that will not have a high chance of success on your target domain - but which can come from more established sites.

This isn't a new strategy - bloggers have been trying this for a while. You can use the Whitehat link building method, which integrates third-party sites better than your targeted website.

Well done, the company's new domain, which would have had little chance of competing in terms of sales on its own, can now improve the presence of those brands through a proxy - by placing pages that show the company through trusted third-party sites.

Even better, you can often use these third-party sites to sell your company's profits - before anyone visits the company's website.

0 Likes