How do I get some immediate sales using Facebook Ads?

Tourist
10 0 1

Hello, my website is   thesimplesavings.com

Many people are saying how great facebook ads are... I tried doing CRM.. I am paying over $1 per click and no results. 

When I try to setup Cost per click type of ads, if i target let's say people who is interested in pineapple. age 22-24.. to get people to buy a pineapple slicer.  It cost $6 per click.

Anyone has success using facebook ads, can please give me some tips on what demographic/interest should I target to lower CPC and get sales?

Any info is appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
57 0 20
A small tip from my experience that may help. Don't target your target, so to speak. Target your target's "influencers". For example, pineapple eaters may not trust your pineapple because it's new and doesn't have any reputation or "authority". But if they discover that a chef is using and/or endorsing your pineapple slicer, they will tend to allocate more trust in your brand. It's like tire salesman and tire technicians. It's assumed that the salesman will try to sell you the most expensive tire, and that you will give the tire technician more trust/authority in the subject because he is hands on and doesn't have any financial incentives to selling you the more expensive tire.
Shopify Plus Developer | Get in touch: blakewenloe@yahoo.com
3 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Interesting... and what should I do to target my target's influencers?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I would broaden your audience, people who like pineapple to people who are into nutrition and fitness to follow your example.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
57 0 20

That's the part where you kind of have to roll up your sleeves and dig into your market data. Instead of targeting people who like pineapples, it would probably be more effective to target chefs, cooking enthusiasts, foodie bloggers/vloggers, etc. Maybe even reach out to them and offer a free sample for them to review. These industry influencers have audiences that come to them because they have trust in their advice and authority regarding their respective industry.

Shopify Plus Developer | Get in touch: blakewenloe@yahoo.com
1 Like
1 0 3

You want to upload your list of previous purchasers and create a lookalike list for targeting - this is the most effective way to reach your demo, because it targets simliar behaviours rather than just volunteered interests.(https://www.facebook.com/business/help/465262276878947)

Remember that all the information for interests is stuff that people volunteer up, while behaviours are things that people don't conciously make decisions about. 

If you don't have a large enough list to create a lookalike from just yet, what you need to do is concentrate on boosting posts - and not the ones that aren't performing, the ones that are. This will help build your list. 

You also want to make sure you are using the FB pixel to remarket you products and create an audience using that pixel (and a lookalike for that too). The pixel is also essential for seeing if your ad is truly performing in concersion value. 

Hope that helps!

-Charly

3 Likes
1 0 0

You might try targeting Whole Food shoppers.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Just a question. Per clicks work best when the sales process is locked in. Have you considered conversion ads first to test and gain better understanding of you audience and your sales process. I my opion in thw beginning Facebook has much better ROi on conversion ads..

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

I also used my customer list to generate a "lookalike audience" on Facebook. I was skeptical at first but it it has been working great. Takes the guesswork out of who to target and allows you to focus on the quality of the ads you want to promote. Like BC SPCA said, you need a big enough customer list for Facebook to generate the lookalike audience.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hey Blake,

Great idea on how to market it.  Just a matter of getting that influencer to like it :-)

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes