How do you market on Black Friday?

Tourist
55 0 2

Hi Everyone!

I am curious how others are marketing for Black Friday and the start of the holiday rush.

Please share your marketing strategies and any useful insights.

Founder
0 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 2

Hey Ryan, day late i know, but i ran several marketing campaigns for clients for black friday as well as everyday use and they all saw amazing results using facebook ads. There cost per click was less than 5 cents a click. If you're looking to kill it on cyber monday, please shoot me an email: jarodsteffes@gmail.com or add me on skype: jarodsteffes

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1022 0 109

Hi Ryan,

I designed few promotional images for the client and posted them at higher frequency than usual on social media. I also created an offer on their Facebook page and boosted it throughout the Thanksgiving weekend [until the end of Cyber Monday]. The busget was $60 in total [$12 per day].

Another stage was to thoroughly research hashtags and use the most popular one within this period on Instagram. I picked these ones: 

#BFCM #happyholiday #BlackFriday2016 #Sale #Deals #CyberMonday #CyberMonday2016 #Holiday #Thanksgiving #cybermondaysale #BlackFriday #thanksgiving

And used them along the regular hashtags.

The last stage was to design and send promotional emails to the client's subscribers' group - 1 on Black Friday, 1 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday and 2 on Cyber Monday, while changing the content and the subject line slightly.

Of course, the consistency of the design, art work, messages and the discount codes is key to convert. It takes on average 7 times for a person to see your advert before they make a purchase, so keeping your branding / marketing consistent is key to promote your site successfully.

Book your consultation with Online Business Analyst

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
1 0 0

helpful post (Y)

0 Likes
12 0 0
  • Keep things simple and get right to the point, such as a discount and clear CTA.
  • Use quirky animation like GIFs.
  • Offer a free gift with every purchase.
  • Extend your sale.
  • Run a contest or giveaway.
  • Use humor.
  • Create urgency, such as scarcity in your inventory.
  • Raise awareness to a cause, a charity, or your customers.

Tarpaulins

0 Likes
Explorer
258 0 21

I take a reverse approach. As we don't keep stock and everything is made to order if we offered a sale then we're basically telling our customers that we're ripping them off for the rest of the year by charging too much. It's amazing how much extra business being honest with customers like that generates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

What about AFTER black Friday? Big time for sales too.

Time for some root cause analysis. The goal is not putting out fires, but finding ways to prevent them from starting. And so, let’s say you’re a medium to large sized ecommerce company whose revenues have mysterious dropped during an off peak season. Depending on whether your revenue dips are traffic problems, average order value problems, or conversion rate porblems, ,you can adjust accordingly.

Imagine you have determined that it’s a traffic problem. Next you can figure out if it’s paid or organic. And if it’s paid, you can figure out which platform is the key issue. And say, if it’s Facebook, since fewer people are clicking your ads, or because our audiences have become more expensive, then you’ve nailed it. That’s the root cause. And now you can build out an action plan that should get your company trending back in the right direction.

Okay enough from me! Hope that helps. Blogged about this in detail on our site, if you want to read more: https://bit.ly/2jUd0HO

Good luck mate!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes