How long should it take for a new invention to take off?

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

I know this is a very general question that is hard to get an exact answer for!? But was hoping for insight or someone who has experience with launching a new product. We have a 4% conversion rate and 1000 visitors in 2 weeks but the traffic is only from our friends and family and FB ads. What else should I be doing to optimize traffic? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 12

A business like this; you really need to be using the likes of Instagram to it's full extent. 

Other ways such as website retargeting also work well. Especially when you are using Facebook already. https://www.facebook.com/smexaminer/videos/10153131426369383/. It will allow you to show your ads to those who visited your site but didn't purchase anything, rejogging their memory. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Thanks Ant! This was really helpful and I had no idea about retargeting.

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 12

Hi Misty,

No problem at all. Ads you are paying for really need to be placed strategically. Paying £40 to outreach to 2,000 people is a waste of time if they aren't interested in your product. 

Offering a 1st time purchase offer to those who have been on your site but didn't convert. 

You can even reach out to those who have purchased, with a different ad that offers a similar offer. On your 3rd order, receive 1 free. 

You see where the retargeting strategy goes and use your social media to interact with new customers. :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I have a Blog and I utilize Google Groups where I share my Blog posts.  I post my blog post in the groups and when they visit my Blog it showcases my products with clickable links directly to the products on Shopify.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Try reaching out to Bloggers for reviews with links to your store. Find bloggers that have a good following but are still willing to do reviews for free products rather than those that charge.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Assuming the product is built and ready for production.. about a day. :) 

I'm not kidding. 

Are you optimizing your facebook ads? Split testing them? Making look alike audiences by taking advantage of the conversion pixels that's tracking conversions AND clicks?

If you're just throwing a bunch of interests into a single ad and running that you're not taking advantage of the full power of facebook marketing. 

If you're not doing any of the above, you should look into all of that. If you are running single interest ads and making decisions based on conversion pixel data then I'd start looking at building a more optimized (read: split tested) sales funnel. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Do you do retargeting through a SEO consulting company or marketing company? Or is this something you can set up yourself? 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Create more viral content such as contests, give aways etc. that makes the customer talk about you. That's the best ads as they are free. Loyal customers will spread the word for you. Post more pictures and info about the process behind your different products, what you do from day to day. Get more personal. We recently posted a picture along with a short description explaining the process behind one particular product we sell. And we got 1,100+ likes on FB. No ad. No money. We were not trying to sell anything or offer anything. We simply shared the process behind it. It proved to be viral content. https://www.facebook.com/deadbyapril/photos/a.147033512961.115011.80457462961/10153882325942962/?typ...

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

You can retarget using Facebook. You just need to be using the conversion tracking pixel to create a new "custom audience" that includes only people that have clicked on your ads (this assumes the traffic was generated through facebook ads in the first place and that you have a tracking pixel intalled on your website.)

You can also create facebook custom audiences from people that have purchased your product. 

If you want to retarget all people that visit your site regardless of how they found you, then you'd use software like Adroll or Perfect Audience. 

0 Likes