How to Add H1 to Homepage

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Somehow, it reads that I do not have an H1 on my homepage. I would like to change this so that the H1 on the homepage is the name of my website. However, I would not like this to interfere with the H1s I have for my product pages, blog posts, etc, i.e. by editing the code so that the header always says that my site title is my H1.

I am having this issue with all four of my Shopify sites.  I am using Debut.

If someone from Shopify could help me with this that would be of great service to me and everyone else who undoubtedly has this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

The Debut theme has an H2 tag on the hero image text, which can be changed to an H1 tag. 

Go to the Theme Editor, then find the hero.liquid file. Search for the h2 text in a line like this: 

<h2 class="h1 mega-title{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-title--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h2>

and change the h2 to h1

<h1 class="h1 mega-title{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-title--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h1>
ecomloop
We help uncommon businesses succeed in the digital economy
Have an interesting project? Send a message or visit ecomloop.com
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks Andrew!

@andrew_ecomloop wrote:

The Debut theme has an H2 tag on the hero image text, which can be changed to an H1 tag. 

Go to the Theme Editor, then find the hero.liquid file. Search for the h2 text in a line like this: 

<h2 class="h1 mega-title{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-title--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h2>

and change the h2 to h1

<h1 class="h1 mega-title{% if section.settings.text_size == 'large' %} mega-title--large{% endif %}">{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h1>

0 Likes