How to Drive Sales While You Sleep

Highlighted
1 0 2

If you're an eCommerce store owner, you absolutely need to have an email autoresponder campaign set-up. If you don't, I guarantee that you're losing money every day.

How does an email autoresponder drive sales?

First, let me ask you a question: Did you know that 7 out of 10 shoppers abandon their cart? That means if you're making $10,000 in sales, you're only getting about 30% of your possible sales.

You could be making $30,000, but without a way to reach out to the delinquent customers, you're leaving all that money on the table.

THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF AN AUTORESPONDER.

An autoresponder lets you keep in touch with customers, figure out why they didn't end up buying from you, and gives you an avenue through which to convert them later on.

YOU NEED TO STAY IN CONTACT WITH POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.

Who do you think people are more likely to buy from: the site they visited once, or the site they visited, but who sends them little emails occasionally that have coupons, discounts, or value-added content? 99.9% it's going to be the second one.

Not only do autoresponders let you convert customers you would have missed, but it also gives you a chance to figure out what went wrong. Why didn't they end up purchasing their items? You can ask them, and then use the information to better optimize your site.

This is a basic version of how I would do it:

Email #1: No coupon, discount, or code. You don't want to seem desperate. Simply say, "Hey, we noticed you walked away from your cart. Here's a link to get back." Ask them why they didn't checkout. You'll use this information in the next emails. You can include a picture of their product.

***The next emails will be based on why they said they couldn't check out. Could be they don't undestand the product, or they couldn't figure out shipping. They might tell you, or you might have to figure it out yourself****

Email #2: This is where you add social proof. Add a testimonial from a customer. Then address the top 3 or 4 objections--or the reasons why people AREN'T buying. Then include a link to their checkout. 

Email #3: You can either address an objection, or you can tell a story. If they haven't bought at this point, then you can think about adding the coupon because the price may be the only legitimate objection. If they buy from this email, remove them from the campaign.

NEXT STEPS: This is a very basic outline about how this should all go down and is just one of the email sequences your eCommerce store should be using. After the customer buys, they move into a lead-nurturing sequence that keeps your company in their minds. You'll also throw anyone who signs up for you mailing list into this lead-nurturing sequence.

All that being said, I want to help you make money every time you send an email. I'm a copywriter and business consultant who specializes in helping eCommerce stores get more sales.

This is a fact: Good email marketing can increase your revenue by at least 10% and possibly even 30%-40%. IT'S IMPORTANT!!!

Contact me at:

ryson@psychicapewriting.com

and we can talk about making you more money.

Cheers!
Ryson

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 5

Thats great..do share me details on my email id beelinepune@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
What's the cost for this process?
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I agree. What is the cost for this process?

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Another great way to increase sales during precious slumber is by adding additional payment options. 

It's crazy for us in the US and EU to imagine, but there are millions of online shoppers who don't have access to credits cards or PayPal.  Seriously.

Adding a global payment, we use Uphold, to compliment your current payment methods does wonders to your sales and gives those browsing your store, but have no means of paying, the chance to buy.

We went with Payzing to accept Uphold on our Shopify store and have seen new sales from countries such as venezuel, brazil, mexico and lots from argentina.. Pretty neat how the world is becoming more fiscally connected and small boutqiue stores can reach new audiences

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Send you an email through your site.   Do you work with our installed email applications? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Sounds really interesting, I would like to try it out. And it makes sense that you have some source to generate sales on a regular basis. Here is my shop https://fun-and-luck.myshopify.com/. Just started it and once we start getting email i will contact you soon.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Ryson,

Thank you for sharing the helpful tips. I've learnt something new today and will add coupons and reviews to the email template next time we run an email campaign.

Regards,

Tony

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1
I recently purchased some sales leads plus added a autoresponder text with contact information. If that work. I found it interusting and think it can boost my sales.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

My review as a starter in email marketing for leads and sales business is bad. This is because I two time purchased sales leads and had sent email outreach. But I just got 55 visits only first time in 10,000 emails. About 250+ email address was bounce and there is same story twice. Do you have any effective suggestion? I see nothing is wrong with my website as SEO and adwords is generating sales. I had autoresponder as a html template with banner and contact details and a little information about my business. It works good. 

Thanks for sharing it here!!

0 Likes