How to Market my Niche Alternative Clothing Store Skullsy

Highlighted
5 0 0

Looking for feedback on my marketing and areas of improving marketing for Skullsy. ~ 3 weeks into launch.

First week of opening was really great sales every other day; with minimal advertising. The following week i ramped up the advertising and had lots of traffic but no sales. We something today(first sale in a week) but really lookin for some help as to how to market my brand and the shop.

Over the time ive had advertising we had lots of cart ads/abandons, our instgram @skullsyshop is growing at a great pace. Not sure how to move forward though.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1021 0 110

Hi, I used to sell alternative clothing for 5 years. What worked for me is to be really close with the community [customers]. Make sure to be active on the relevant forums, discussion boards, music fan pages, give advice [don't pitch], be helpful and work reeeaaaaly hard on building your brand awareness. This age group is very expressive, so it's easy to find out what they are looking for - they are also very prone to peer influence - make sure to utilize it 100% in your marketing. 

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey!

I appreciate the advice as the marketing side has been the challenging part for me. I guess getting to the community (which communities, which fans, discussion boards have been the hardest to find for me. My personal style isnt alternative so I guess i am a little unfamiliar with it. Could you provide any suggestions? As for peer influence, ive been trying to find good instagram influencers to rep some clothing but its hard to know who is worth it and whose not. Sometimes even finding the right influencers have been challenging. Any insight?

Thank you for the time to reply to my thread.

Regards,

Terry

0 Likes