How to activate Twitter Cards On Home Page

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, before going into detailed instructions, I wanted to post this to find out if anyone out there is interested in how to do this, to create a twitter card and then have it appear in your tweets.  I'm a fellow shopify store owner and I just recently figured out how to do this, got a little input by chatting with Shopify, but a search of Shopify help articles and the forum didn't turn up the correct answer, the existing answers are either incomplete or outdated.  

To those of you who don't know, a twitter card means that when you put a link to your site in a tweet, or maybe a specific page on your site, such as a product page, an hyperlinked image appears in your tweet rather than just the url/address.  This is adding rich media to your tweets, which looks better than just having text.  

Let me know if you're interested by replying to this, and then I'll post detailed instructions so you can do it too.    

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes. Very interested. Not getting anywhere with this. Mostly need it for my blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Yes, please. I successfully have twitter card validate for products but for some reason the image is greyed out on my home page. I get a message on the validator: 

INFO:  Page fetched successfully

INFO:  26 metatags were found

INFO:  twitter:card = summary tag found

INFO:  Card loaded successfully

WARN:  this card is redirected to https://www.thevillagecountrystore.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

yeah im keen as to know how to put a picture for your website on twitter,cant seem to find the info anywhere

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 1 2

It would be nice to have the answer, as the image on my homepage won't show either.

All other pages and their images work fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Yes I am very interested. I am new to online ecom and every bit helps. Thank you.

@Happy_Adversary wrote:

Hi, before going into detailed instructions, I wanted to post this to find out if anyone out there is interested in how to do this, to create a twitter card and then have it appear in your tweets.  I'm a fellow shopify store owner and I just recently figured out how to do this, got a little input by chatting with Shopify, but a search of Shopify help articles and the forum didn't turn up the correct answer, the existing answers are either incomplete or outdated.  

To those of you who don't know, a twitter card means that when you put a link to your site in a tweet, or maybe a specific page on your site, such as a product page, an hyperlinked image appears in your tweet rather than just the url/address.  This is adding rich media to your tweets, which looks better than just having text.  

Let me know if you're interested by replying to this, and then I'll post detailed instructions so you can do it too.    

0 Likes