How to customize "Check Out" Button for affiliate ahref= links

1 0 0

Hey Shopify! 

Would love the right directions, and whatever code necessary that would go into Liquid so I can create a custom "Check Out" button that reads "Buy From "xyz retailer". As well, I'd like to get an idea of where I copy & paste the affiliate product links so the customized check out button redirects the customer to that specific links page.

I am have permission to use affiliate links from Commission Junction and Rakuten (LinkShare). Just want to expand my product offering for my customers so they get a little more variety to go with my brands t-shirt selections.

I haven't had my coffee yet today, so if I've been unclear in anyway please feel free to directly email at support@dirtytoms.com or... ofcourse, communicate through this forum. Thanks!

Best,

DirtyToms Apparel

Philip C. Coron
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 16

Hey there!

Genevieve from Shopify here :) 

You can edit the text on the Checkout or Add to Cart button by navigating to your Language editor (admin > Online Store > Themes > [...] > Edit language) and seaching for "Checkout" or "Add to Cart" in the Filter Translations bar. 

The checkout button itself generates a new checkout link any time it's clicked, so you won't be able to replace it with your affiliate link directly. 

What you can do instead is add a new button to your product.liquid template, and add your affiliate link to that. You can use code like the following to implement this: 

<form method="link" action="http://www.google.com">;
<input type="submit" value="Clickable Button">
</form>

As you can see from this screenshot, the button is automatically formatted like the Add to Cart and Checkout buttons: 

Further, if you'd like to hide the 'Add to Cart' button, you can do so by following this guide: 
https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/page-specific/product-page/how-do-...

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, I complete the customization for affiliate "Check Out" Button for affiliate ahref= links and hiding the button but the page still goes to the checkout page. How do I stop the product page going to the checkout page? I just want an affiliate link on the product page.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks so much in advance,

Calico (Denise)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes.

I'd like to setup a multi-vendor shop where some vendors would sell directly from the platform and some others would only redirect to their own platform.

Looks like shopify isn't the right tool for the task. :-( 

0 Likes