How to delete buyable pins

Julie_Stockler
4 0 0

We were approved for buyable pins.  However, the info on our pinterest boards does not seem to be updated with any changes I made to the product. We've therefore decided to delete the buyable pins, although not the ability to pin our product photos. No info on Pinterest is available on how to do this (surprise) and the Shopify gurus were not able to solve this for us. Here's what I have tried: I have deleted Pinterest from the sales channels available for each product and I've also detached the account from Pinterest. But all the products with their prices continue to be displayed on our pinterest business account.  Help!! 

0 Likes
Julie_Stockler
4 0 0

Just in case anyone else is considering Buyable Pins, be aware that you really cannot disentangle from this. If you turn off Pinterest as a sales channel, your pins read will read "out of stock!"  Here's the reply the Pinterest Help Desk sent when I asked how to delete:

I am afraid there is no specific way to remove prices from all your Buyable Pins with everything else remaining constant. However, you can deactivate/delink your Pinterest Account. In order to deactivate, please log into your store's dashboard and deactivate your store or go to Sales Channels and delink your Pinterest business account.

Please know that after you are done with this, it may take 3-5 days for the change to reflect on Pinterest. However, please know that this will only make all your Buyable Pins 'Out of Stock'. You can manually delete those pins from your boards and save pins from your website which will not turn Buyable after deactivation.
I know this process involves a lot of manual work and is not the best way, we are working on making it better but for now this is the only way.

0 Likes