This is an accepted solution.
Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Your signature mentions that you are someone with experience working with SEO on other websites! This should serve you well on the Shopify platform, and the same SEO rules apply:
Are you a Shopify Partner? We also have a database of Experts who can be hired to create an SEO strategy for your store.
Here are a few guides that might help:
No #1 reason your store is not converting: https://youtu.be/mV2kCrtVLkc
I'm an SEO Manager who works with a good number of Shopify sites.
Here are some common SEO issues we find on Shopify:
You can read my entire guide here: https://moz.com/blog/shopify-seo
If you really need some great tips then please follow these guidelines and this is the most comprehensive guide to Ecommerce SEO online.
Why SEO is useful to Ecommerce website?
- 44% of people start their online shopping journey with a Google search
- 37.5% of all traffic to eCommerce sites comes from search engines
- 23.6% of eCommerce orders are directly tied to organic traffic
So let's start the guideline as follows,
1. Find Keywords For Ecommerce Product and Category Pages
- Amazon Suggest
- Google Keyword Planner
2. Setup Your eCommerce Site’s Architecture with Properly Optimized Pages(SEO friendly)
3. On-Page SEO for Ecommerce Sites
- Title Tag
- Description Tag
- Product and Category Page Content
- Use Short, Keyword-Rich URLs
- Internal Linking with other top website pages/services/products
4. Technical SEO Audit on an Ecommerce Website
- just run the technical audit 1's on these websites & check the all technical errors' & warrings for website
(SEMrush, DeepCrawl, ScreamingFrog, Site Condor, Ahrefs)
5. Content Marketing for Ecommerce Sites
- Find Where Your Target Customers Hang Out Online
- Learn What Words and Phrases Customers Use
- Create An Outstanding Piece of Content Around That Keyword
6. eCommerce Link Building (Quality Backlink Creation)
- generate backlink from Blog Commenting, Forum posting, Q&A on community and etc.
I hope this will helpful for you. Even I'm also following these tips to my Table Pads Custom website and its really useful. If you really want quick results then just focus on Onpage optimization. It will really boost your traffic as well as web ranking in search results as compared to your competitors.
Alex Mathew :)
This is the most comprehensive guide to Ecommerce SEO online.
Avada Commerce created some resources for eCommerce/Shopify Search Engine Optimization, I'll list some:
Really hope these resources will help you getting more traffic and more sales
I’d like to recommend you use Word Clouds SEO app from the Shopify App Store.
It’s free with limited daily use, and allows you to easily check your page keyword density with a generated word cloud based on the content of your page - you can also compare your page against a competitor.
Hope you find it useful.
App Store listing: https://apps.shopify.com/word-clouds-seo
Hi @alicecooper2804 ,
I think my answer will help you. I found https://breakthecuriosity.com - where you can submit your products to promote for free. However, Breakthecuriosity only accepts products that they consider to be unique and interesting. This is how many stores use Breakthecuriosity to be able to bring in traffic and sales without money.