How to drive traffic with low or no advertising budget?

Highlighted
2 0 0

This is a good topic to discuss. I will keep tracking and see any new inspiration here. Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This is a nice topic to discuss, I will keep tracking here and hope can find some new inspiration of my sites. Cheers!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Thank you for your useful resources, I'm now tapping into SEO & will start working on on site SEO immediately. I discovered there is so much I can do besides posting on social media.

Cat Gift Shop www.catcatworld.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your response! My website is www.catcatworld.com.

I've been using "tags for likes" for finding the hottest hashtags to use and IFTTT to post on multiple channels so I can save myself some time. 

I know content is crucial and ads will drive viewers away so I'm basically focusing on posting entertaining and informative content everyday. 

Looking forward for your feedback on my shop. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi Paige,

Thank you for your detail response. Instagram is bringing in only about 30% of the traffic to my shop, but it has the lowest bounce rate! My shop theme is gift shop for cat lovers, I know it is a little bit too broad but I really see he potential in this marjet and this is something I'm passionate about. Below is my shop link, please take a look and let me k ow what I can do to improve the traffic. 

www.catcatworld.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
186 0 31

@swaggerdad: I checked out your website and till I checked your About Us, I didn't understand what you did. Great concept!! I have a two year old and your website has some pretty useful stuff. BUT, you need to present it well. I almost skipped through the categories. Why don't you put create a section for resources and create sub-sections and add these there. It'll be easier for your visitors to find them as well.

Your 'About Us' should be the opening page so visitors know what you do and what they should expect from your website. Although your about page is fairly well written, here's an article that has some tips: What to include in an About page 

Now about your product descriptions - don't leave this blank. Give size information, color, care instructions, etc. To add some personality, write something catcy. I think you can take some tips from this article: Product Descriptions that Sell More 

You have a great following on Instagram. What you should focus on is immediate gratification from Instagram. I mentioned clickable posts in my answer above. I think you should make your posts clickable as well. It's much better to take your users to a specific page rather than taking them to a generic page. Here's how you can make your posts clickable with OrangeTwig: Clickable Posts  

Get started with Clickable posts for FREE here

Let me know if this helped. 

- Karan 

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hey Rhonda

You are reminding me when i was first starting my online business. It was tough i must say that. You can Learn SEO but you are wasting your time there is a short-cut to all of this. Don't get me wrong you can Learn SEO and master it maybe you will make more sales who knows life has no guareenties. Let me give you a lesson. Life is war and also business is war you have to do what you have to do to survive. Ask yourself these questions how many people are selling what you are selling? where are they selling? what are the trigger words? how many visitors to do they get every month?

This is war you have to know who are your competitors and what are they doing. Do not play fair, everyone is looking to make money online. if you play fair! that money that's in your pocket will go to their pocket. That's not the goal, the goal is to make more on what you have. hope you folllowing on what im saying

Let me show you what most people dont know and it will save you time

first we make our research based on our Nich to find our competitors
we go here www.myip.ms Put the ip address of shopify 23.227.38.32 then click on "other Sites on IP"
It will show you all shopify stores starting from best performing store. You have to find the store related to your nich then we make research on them.

We go to www.similarweb.com past their domain name and wala! all information you need will be there. If they are getting so much visitors per month that means their system is working! then we take a sip on that vodka cause we found that whale that's eating all the fishes.

Then

we go to their store to purchase something but all we are going to do is to spy on their funnels. We have to know what's working.

Then

We use clickfunnels to steal their $1 million machine funnels with just $97. What is great about clickfunnels they will teach you how.

we copy them but not exacly like them, similar like them. every campaign they did on social network or any keywords they use, we copy and modify. you can make your $100k within 3 months with this process if you can put it in action and learn even if u fail do not give up learn 

I don't have time to Learn strategies to get traffic. I learn on what's making money, copy, modify then make money 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Karan

I know little/nothing about Instagram and found your feedback to be VERY helpful!  I shall go through your links carefully!

Donna

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Karan, Thanks for the advise. I will look into updated it asap. Thank You for all the tips!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Some quick feedback.

Most of the traffic from our Shopify site comes from mobile, yours probably isn't any different from ours in that respect. When I open up your store on my mobile phone all I see is an image of a cat. Now I'm going to make two comments here. first, is that cat strikes me as being a stock image and it doesn't add anything to your store at all. It doesn't tell me what the store is about, it doesn't tell me what I'm about to be looking at, it doesn't give me your store name, it really leaves me simply looking at the image of a cat.

The next thing that jumps out at me is that your images are simply taken from Ali Baba or wherever it is that your drop shipping from. (I'm dictating into my phone for speed. Sorry for any odd spelling or context errors.)

In order for your store to look more cohesive and professional, you should be bringing in samples of each of the items that you sell in the store and taking professional photographs. If you can't afford to take professional photographs at the very least take your own photographs on a white background.

I believe if you have a look through the Shopify blog there may even be an article about how to crop items out of the photograph and have them show on a white background. So you can always try that as a stopgap until you get the items to photograph yourself.

Don't underestimate the value of good photography. If you spend money on nothing else, spend it on your photography.  Photography is the only way, or your images are the only way for somebody who comes to your store to decide whether or not you were providing a professional good quality product. If the photography is all over the place someone a white background some in the middle of her room some with I don't know you got some there that look really really strange with plastic bags in the background or something, it doesn't inspire customer confidence.

Please don't take this as criticism, all of this is intended to help you improve your store. And I apologize for the tone again I'm dictating this, and sometimes the phone miss translates what I'm saying.

The last piece of advice I will give you is that the items on the top of your page feel completely different from the items on the bottom of your page. 

Try to choose items that work cohesively together. You want everything to look like it was chosen with the same design eye. Again this goes to consumer confidence. As a consumer I have nothing to judge you against other than what I see on your website. If it doesn't go together well then I am going to assume that it has not been well chosen and that the quality might be mixed.

I suggest that you choose the items at the top of your page and skip everything from the pyjamas(?) down. (all the pink stuff) 

I hope this helps!

Congrats on taking a great first step into entrepreneurship!

Good luck,

Colleen

PS: This turned out a bit longer than I expected... :)

0 Likes