How to get your shopify store on google?

Highlighted

Hi,

My site name is https://hostileintentionsclothing.com 

When I checked in the google results, it shows only 7 results, and it is a 3-months-old site.

FurqanHaider_0-1604911167028.png

I have done the following things, but my site pages are not indexing in google

1 - Submitted sitemap in google

FurqanHaider_1-1604911314596.png

2 - Ping the website URLs

3 - Create the backlinks

All the URLs are discovered by google but excluded from the crawl.

FurqanHaider_2-1604911415582.png

Kindly let me know if this is the issue in the Shopify platform or something else. All the product pages are in the indexable format.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 3

How old is your website?

For new websites, it takes some time to get traction through SEO (search engine optimisation), which I think is your question. Bring relevant users to your site (through other channels), give each URL a title and a description, which include some keywords related to your brand, fill alt text for images, write a couple of blog posts explaining your brand/products, and in time, it will start to pick up.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Andian,

Crawling and indexing are the initial steps which needs to be done before ranking in the Google.

You are talking about SEO optimization which I am enough know about it. But I guess the shopify platform is not good for the google SEO that's why Google is not indexing my site.

I am waiting for the website indexing solution ..

Thanks Andian for your time

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @FurqanHaider,

We have a video that walks you through how to submit your site to Google (9:45 - Submitting Your Sitemap to Google):

I do recommend watching the whole video though as it all works together to optimize your store. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions, that is why we created the video.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted

HI @EcomGeeks,

You are just promoting your content. In your video nothing is new, all the things I already explained in my post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @FurqanHaider

"Discovered but not indexed" meant that Google discovered your domain, but decide not to crawl it - which is weird to me since your sitemap.xml and robots.txt both look ok to me, the website itself looks good. So try the below approach: 

Inspect your page using the URL Inspection tool - which is on your Search Console: If the report says that the page has not been indexed -> Read the documentation to learn why, and how to fix it.

Here are the most common reasons:

- You are blocking the page with a robots.txt file, a noindex directive, or some other mechanism, such as password protection. (I have checked, this is not the case)

- If there are no errors, and the page is not blocked to Google, you might have a problem with findability. -> then you need to re-submit your indexing request following Google's guideline: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/ask-google-to-recrawl?visit_id=637407439... 

Let me know if it works for you 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hii @FurqanHaider,

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. This works really well for us.

0 Likes