How to increase the seo page title characters limit

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 1

Hi,

For doing SEO work we can add page title in the 'edit seo' option.But the maximum character limits to 70.I knew that the best way is to keep the characters is within 50 or 60.But I wish to increase that.How can I do it?Is it possible to change.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
45 4 9

Hi @milu_balan - that's actually possible through the code, but useless and bad practice. The reason why the maximum length is set to 70 characters is not because Shopify wants to enforce their rules, but because anything more than that will affect you negatively.

I'd recommend you to check this article on Title Tags, especially the section "1. Watch your title length".

Shopify Expert @ Sounds Good Agency
Like this answer if it helped you
✅ Mark it Accept as Solution to help others find the right answer
Book a Free Call if you want to discuss your project | Follow me @davidsimoes_
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 1

@David_SGA 

I'm aware of this article and gone through them already.But my digital marketing team wants to increase the limit.Can u please give me the code for doing this.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I use Google translate
The more you try to go against the principle of search engines, the more likely it is that your website will not increase your rankings, but it will also reduce your site's credibility. It is recommended that you do not need to add lengths of threads to do

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 1

Hi @jackyle 

Sure .I knew that but wanna increase some characters. Please provide the code if its possible 

0 Likes
Highlighted

What is the niche of your business?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 1

@cmorales 

Online medicals

0 Likes
Highlighted

Are they medical supplies, medicine or medical check up?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 1

@cmorales 

medicines and physiotherapy products

click here

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think, you need to compose the title of each products and make it catchy to target market.

0 Likes