How to properly install Google Dynamic Shopping Remarketing?

7 0 0

Hi all,

I am looking for a detailed guide on how to install (and verify) google dynamic shopping remarketing.

I have installed it by following these instructions:

https://tastyplacement.com/install-dynamic-remarketing-shopify

However, I don't know if it worked and I don't know how to verify the installation.

My Google Ads are serving ads, but I have no idea if people are seeing dynamic ads or just one of the default ad variations I created for this campaign (as it is required).

Can anyone please verify if the above-mentioned guide is a good one? 

How can I confirm if dynamic shopping ads are actually triggered to visitors?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I've recently written a detailed guide to get dynamic remarketing setup in Shopify. Post here if you have any questions. I've also given some best practices to help manage such campaigns.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Josh, 

It's a wonderful guide! Thank you for taking the time to write it! 

I have one small question. Instead of the format shopify_US_{{ item.product_id }}_{{ item.variant_id }} the store is sending the SKU as item ID to merchant center. If I understand everything correctly, instead of shopify_US_{{ item.product_id }}_{{ item.variant_id }} I need to pull SKU to make it match the merchant center feed.

By any chance, do you know how to adjust this code to pull SKU instead of the regular shopify_US_XXXX format?

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi @Josh_Uebergang,

I hope you have a minute to give a look here.

My store is sending SKU as product ID to the merchant center. Now, I am quite lost on how your code should be adjusted. 

I added {{ product.variants.first.sku }} instead of Shopify_US_XXX_XXX in the following format (in both lines for 'product' and 'cart'):

{% if template contains 'product' %}
    'ecomm_prodid': '{{ product.variants.first.sku }}'
    'ecomm_totalvalue': {{ product.price_min | money_without_currency | replace: ',', '.' }}
    {% elsif template contains 'cart' %}
    'ecomm_prodid': [{% for item in cart.items %}'{{ product.variants.first.sku }}'{% unless forloop.last %}, {% endunless %}{% endfor %}],
    'ecomm_totalvalue': {{ cart.total_price | money_without_currency | replace: ',', '.' }}

It looks like the product page works well with this, but the cart page doesn't. Additionally, I don't know what to add under'ecomm_prodid' for the checkout code.

Is there any chance you could help me out with that?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Yes, the cart SKU variable is different to a product page. Use:

{{ item.sku }}

Also use this on the checkout page in your code for the ecomm_prodid.

Not tested, but it'd look like:

{% if template contains 'product' %}
    'ecomm_prodid': '{{ product.variants.first.sku }}'
    'ecomm_totalvalue': {{ product.price_min | money_without_currency | replace: ',', '.' }}
    {% elsif template contains 'cart' %}
    'ecomm_prodid': [{% for item in cart.items %}'{{ item.sku }}'{% unless forloop.last %}, {% endunless %}{% endfor %}],
    'ecomm_totalvalue': {{ cart.total_price | money_without_currency | replace: ',', '.' }}

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi 

You re-marketing (dynamic-remarketing.liquid) code does not work, so cant be saved as liquid 

This file contains the following errors:
  • Line 25 — Liquid syntax error: Unknown tag 'endif'
0 Likes

Yes, as it was an adjusted version of the original. You need to add {% endif %} at the end.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Josh,

Thanks for putting this together. My question is regarding your instruction below:

1. If needed, replace shopify_US_{{ item.product_id }}_{{ item.variant_id }} to match the id attribute of your shopping feed.

Do I need to modify this code to work with my Google Merchant product feed? I have done everything as instructed and am getting the 

Tag Assistant error "Some products are not valid".

Thanks

0 Likes
3 0 0

Never mind, missed your note on this above. Thanks!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Josh

I have endif code at the end, still getting that error, anyway to fix?

Thanks

0 Likes