How to properly install Google Dynamic Shopping Remarketing?

Excursionist
13 1 3

Hi,

If you want to check your product id and all the details including tags are firing or not. Use the Google Tag Assitant Extension.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Josh,

Thank you so much for your amazing guide. 

However, after setting up the code, I use Google Tag Assistant to check I saw all product data in the three custom parameters is right, but with the Remarketing Validation when I put my ID GMC in it, it shown "products are not valid". I was wondering that where I did it wrong. If my products have more than one variant in size , would it be affected the code? Can you please help me? Thank you so much! I use content API to feed products, so the ID is Shopify_AU_xxxx, the custom dimensions in Google Analytics are mapped to same numbers.

Here is my code:

0 Likes

@Quinnie_Dao I've developed a new template that is a lot more straight-forward. Get the dynamic remarketing code here. Fill in the first few lines as directed. It works with Shopify's common ID structure of shopify_AU_xxx_xxx, skus, and variant IDs.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you so much @Josh_Uebergang. it is really really helpful. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks Josh for your wonderful code:

I got one error from your code because my shopify product ID structure is shopify_US_3964887433302, it is different from your code structure :shopify_AU_.

How can I change the code? Only change code structure from shopify_AU_ become shopify_US? Or I need to do more detail change for the code?

{%- assign product-id = "product-id_variant-id" -%}{%- comment -%}The format of the product IDs in the feed. 3 accepted values "sku" (SKU of the variant e.g. aga-012), "variant-id" (variant ID e.g. 21283160948841), or "product-id_variant-id" (product ID underscore then variant ID e.g. 28541777444969_21283160948841).{%- endcomment -%}
{%- assign product-id-prefix = "shopify_AU_" -%}{%- comment -%}Prefix to product-id. Leave blank if there's no prefix. This is likely needed if product-id_variant-id is selected so 123456_789012 becomes shopify_AU_28541777444969_21283160948841.{%- endcomment -%}

error.png 

0 Likes

@Mike2019 Yes, you need to change it to match the IDs you see in your Google Merchant Center. You'd change shopify_AU_ to shopify_US_

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
4 0 0

Dear Josh:

Thanks for your suggestion.

My shopify product ID structure is shopify_US_3964887433302(total 13 numbers, no variant ID).

I have changed the shopify_AU_ become shopify_US_, but got my product ID become shopify_US_3964887433302_30329046368342. I want my product id only become shopify_US_3964887433302, so I changed your code as follow:

{%- assign product-id = "product-id_variant-id" -%}{%- comment -%}The format of the product IDs in the feed. 2 accepted values "sku" (SKU of the variant
e.g. aga-012), "variant-id" (variant ID e.g. 21283160948841).{%- endcomment -%}
{%- assign product-id-prefix = "shopify_US_" -%}{%- comment -%}Prefix to product-id. Leave blank if there's no prefix.{%- endcomment -%}

Maybe the changing is wrong, can you help me to check the changing and show me the right code?

Best Regards 

Mike

Here is your original code:

{%- assign product-id = "product-id_variant-id" -%}{%- comment -%}The format of the product IDs in the feed. 3 accepted values "sku" (SKU of the variant e.g. aga-012), "variant-id" (variant ID e.g. 21283160948841), or "product-id_variant-id" (product ID underscore then variant ID e.g. 28541777444969_21283160948841).{%- endcomment -%}
{%- assign product-id-prefix = "shopify_AU_" -%}{%- comment -%}Prefix to product-id. Leave blank if there's no prefix. This is likely needed if product-id_variant-id is selected so 123456_789012 becomes shopify_AU_28541777444969_21283160948841.{%- endcomment -%}

0 Likes
My shopify product ID structure is shopify_US_3964887433302(total 13 numbers, no variant ID).

What app are you using for your Google shopping feed so that your feed structure is like that? The code currently doesn't accommodate that format.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks Josh:

I use Advanced Google Shopping Feed for my google shopping feed and here is my shopping feed setting:

Screenshot.png

After finish the App setting, my product feed ID format become shopify_us_xxx(13 numbers).

Any suggestion for my shopping feed to match your code? 

Thanks 

Mike

0 Likes

If use a variant ID for the ID field in your feed, which I see you can do with the app, you can adjust the remarketing code easily.

As they will become new IDs, the products will undergo a review in Merchant Center.

Never seen an app give the option to name an ID based of the product ID alone like shopify_US_product ID because for the reason said in the app, having variants in your store will lead to duplicate IDs. Why this is even an option in the app makes no sense as you can just use the variant ID or some other unique identifier.

0 Likes