How to set-up a Google AdSense in Shopify?

Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 6

Hi! 

I need help on how to set-up AdSense in my store. I'd paste the code in the theme.liquid but it doesn't detect in the Google AdSense it says "The code is missing or incomplete" but there is a button says "continue without checking". I follow instructions on youtube but it doesn't work on my store. 

I hope you can help me with this issue. Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
781 62 175

Offering a different perspective in case you haven't talked this through with anyone yet, I think this is a bad idea.

- You'll be getting people to click away from your site to earn pennies, rather than earning real money selling products.

- By getting people to click off your site, you damage your engagement and SEO value.

- You have to build MASSIVE traffic volume to earn money with AdSense.

- It looks spammy, and you're recommending other products, both are damaging your reputation.

If you still want to go through with adding AdSense, my team of developers can help you out, just give us a shout at speedboostr.com/contact. If you put the code in theme.liquid it should be loading on every page, so maybe you're missing the snippet that determines where on the page the widget shows.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
157 3 17

Hi there @YoungAdult 

We've created a resource about adding Adsense to Shopify store. Please make sure that you followed all the steps in a proper way

Hope it helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
0 Likes