How to setup affiliate links for my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have a couple of third parties who want to promote my products as affiliates where I pay a % per successful sale they refer to me.  A pretty standard affiliate setup.  There doesn't seem any easy way to setup a URL on shopify I can give to them and then track.  UTM params perhaps?  Its only for a couple of partners and I don't want to pay the high fees that all the affiliate apps charge since this is not going to be a big program.  I also don't need features like automated payments or anything.  Just a way to give them a unique link and have it tracked.

Anyone else do this?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 560

Hi Andrew, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. This is something which you need an app for as it is quite customized. There are a few different apps for this in the Shopify app store which might be able to do this for you. I checked and they all definitely have a link providing option like you were looking for also. Let's take a look at them below:

You can see the full list of different affiliate apps in the app store here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply.  However, as mentioned in my post, I don't want to use a paid app as this is going to be low volume.  I'm just shocked that Shopify doesn't provide this as part of the base service as its one of the most common and needed features.  Can I not do this via utm parameters and have it tracked as  marketing campaign?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 560

Hello, again Andrew, 

Currently, an app is definitely the most robust and concrete way of doing this. There's no reason why you would not be able to do this via UTM parameters outside of Shopify though, so if this is something which would work for you, then that sounds like a great option. To do this, your best bet would via Google and their Campaign URL builder which you can find here. To complement this, Shopify has a blog post going into detail on how to track UTM campaigns also which you can see here

But for a more official way within Shopify, you would need an app to have this implemented as something customized by a Shopify Expert for you.  

I will also bring this feedback forward to our team and mark it as a feature request from you for the future. Feedback like this is great for our team to understand what store owners like you are looking for, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes