How to turn my F.I.G. ads into valuable conversions?

Eduardo_Salcedo
5 0 0

I just launched my website (www.esloshoes.com) over a month ago in preparation for our Kickstarter launch at the end of the month. In order to create some momentum, I decided to run Facebook, Instagram, and Google (FIGs) ads in hopes of creating a following that I could convert into Kickstarter backers. 

And although I have observed a huge jump in visitors (from 5 to 35+ daily unique visitors) I haven't seen my mail list or social media accounts grow as I would expect. Furthermore, when going through the behavior of the visitors from google analytics I see most of my visitors leave the site in less than 10s. 

Am I missing something? Am I not targeting my audience correctly? Is the site/product not attractive?

Any feedback (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated. 

Eduardo Salcedo

0 Likes
Alan_L
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 0

Hi there Eduardo,

The first thing I see when I visit your site is a link that takes me to Kickstarter. This may explain the quick turnaround time of visitors arriving and then leaving, as they arrive, click on the Kickstarter link, and are immediately taken offsite.

Your products look great, and there's nothing I can see that's wrong with your site from a technical standpoint. However, any call to action to join your mailing list or social media followers is buried on the page or implied. Even on the Kickstarter page the "Notify me on launch" link is small and set to the side - not the first thing the eye is drawn to.

A few things you might try would be to place the newsletter sign up and social media links more prominently on the page, and make it more obvious that you want people to sign up to receive notification when the Kickstarter campaign begins. Posting the video you have on your Kickstarter page on your Shopify site may also help retain traffic there.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions please feel free to email, call, or chat us up - the Guru team is here 24/7 to help you out!

Alan | Shopify Guru

0 Likes