How to use HTML to add video

8 0 0

Trying to add a video to my site without having to use youtube. I want it to be something that will load/play automatically as a customer scrolls through the website. Is there anything I can do to add that to my site? I'm using the minimal theme

0 Likes

Did you try to install this plugin? -> https://apps.shopify.com/yottie-shopify-youtube-channel-plugin

At least, you can enter only the url or youtube id with using codes.

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 3 2

I think this post will help you solve the problem https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/How-to-use-HTML-to-add-videos/m-p/606237

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 21 8

Hello, @christadorned.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

This is a great question. May I ask why you don’t want to use YouTube?

Embedded players, like YouTube or Vimeo, are able to use special parameters for solving some of your concerns. YouTube has some really cool IFrame Player API parameters that can remove their branding, enable autoplay, or set custom frame sizes. This also works really well with Shopify’s ‘Video’ section in the storefront editor. 

Another option is to utilize a third-party file hosting and embed the video to your theme using the ‘Custom HTML’ section in the storefront editor or edit the theme files using custom coding. The Files section located under the Settings has a file size limit of 20MB, which may be a limitation if your video is too long. Since this level of custom coding is not supported by our Theme Support team and if you have limited knowledge of HTML, CSS, Javascript, or Liquid; I recommend working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with type of custom coding and can help embed your video to your theme. 

I hope this provides a couple options for you to explore. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes