How you promote your startups/stores?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey guys,

I just started a new project a few months ago where I build email templates for MailChimp that don't suck. These templates help startups and e-commerce to engage with their subscribers. My store had about 50 orders to this time, but I'm stuck in how I can generate more traffic on my project. I know that nobody wants to share their dirty marketing tactics, but if you're looking for a sign to do this someday, it's the right place to do this. Some questions for you guys:

1. What is your marketing checklist to promote your startup/store?
  2. Are there any templates you need to engage with your subscribers right now? If you suggest me a good idea, I will build it for you for free.
  3. Can you suggest me what to test to make more traffic/sales to my project?

What I'm testing right now:

• Product Hunt. Didn't qualified for the main page.
  • Trying to find influencers, startups to promote Mailto and find any opportunities to collaborate
  • Testing FB Ads. USA:25-45 > Marketing > Mailchimp > Founder/Co-Founder of startups. Click cost is equal to a new Porsche. $9—$15. I'm gonna try to remove USA from the list and test some countries from Europe.
  • Testing Twitter Ads. 70 clicks for $15 which is not that bad. Anyway, 0 sales so far.
  • Testing LinkedIn Ads. 17,000 impressions / 0 clicks (wtf)
  • Testing Pinterest. Nothing yet
  • Tried to get some gigs on Fiverr like SEO improvements, backlinks, press release sending, etc. I think it will improve my direct traffic, but not now.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Here is my blog post how I built this project in 3 days.

Founder at Mailto — getmailto.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hi 

I think you should be targeting all of the auoresponders rather than start ups. 

If you target people who are already using an autoresponder you don't need to teach them anything.

They already understand the importance of having a high converting template.

You could also target lead pages,  clickfunnels and other lead capture companies which rely on email to convert subscribes to paying customers.

Plus you have this platform toy could target as well as big commerce, etsy, eBay and Amazon.

Prepare a case study to show how well your templates convert and send people to your case study and offer a discount on your templates.

Hope that gives you some ideas. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thank you, Clint, you're awesome! I'm gonna test some of your ideas.

Founder at Mailto — getmailto.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Your welcome Vladimir

Good luck!

0 Likes