I get tons of traffic but no sales

Solved
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, my name is Norbert and I have a problem. My store gets anywhere from 100 to over 300 visitors per day and I just can't seem to capture a sale. I offer free shipping. I have an average view on my site of 54 seconds, but I'm not getting any sales. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I run facebook ads, I send out emails, but no sales. Confused!!

My store: www.soxtore.com

0 Likes

Upon checking your website, it seems your target market of your products are teenager. I guess you have to reach out in the teenagers in Social Media.

Also write content, about the fashion trends and celebrities who wears type trending socks. I believe that you will have conversion if you mention the fashion trends and teen celebrities.

0 Likes

You have a great site. I might add something about shipping/returns and a sizing chart to your product pages. That is something missing. Check out ASOS socks to see what else your product page could use.

If Facebook is not working for you. I would look into testing out Google Shopping. It can be easier to target people who are searching to buy socks and grow your revenue a bit faster. Google is better for intent searches then Facebook.... when someone wants to buy something right now/ soon. You need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to get up and running with Google Shopping ads, which I explain a bit below:

Google Merchant Center: This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account: This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Don't have your bids to high and you should be able to get sales faster than Facebook.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, I would like to give a small suggestion which i have noticed on your website. There is no Seasonal Option in Filter Drop down menu where people will look out the same depends upon the climate conditions. So better suggest you to add the product depends upon the Season conditions too.

Thanks

Muvierecktech

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Hey Norbert,

Are your visitors adding items to the cart and then abandoning the site before completing the purchase? Or not taking any actions at all?

Founder of Evermark - Smart and automated Facebook ads for your Shopify store.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi

I have this in my report, look at this:

Added to cart

2.12%

Reached checkout

0.74%

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Ok. Industry standard suggests a cart abandonment rate somewhere between 60-80%. You are loosing about 65% of people between add to cart and reached checkout. Depending on how many people that have reached checkout end up completing the purchase, you might not be too far off the standard.

Are you retargeting people that have abandoned the cart? If not, you can do so on Facebook and Instagram if you have the Facebook pixel installed. Create a custom audience of people that have added an item to the cart, but not completed a purchase. You can then run ads targeting this group of people with the aim of bringing them back to your store and completing their purchase.

Founder of Evermark - Smart and automated Facebook ads for your Shopify store.
0 Likes

I added a product to my cart on your site and I didn't notice the notification under your menu stating that the product was added to the cart.

I had to look at the cart button at the top right of your site and then click on it to receive confirmation. 

Set up a process where the user is alerted through a pop-up or side window that the product has been added to the cart followed by an option to proceed to the checkout or to continue shopping. 

Maybe also look into additional product photos and expand on the product descriptions that don't just include the specifications. Also look into a Spin The Wheel add-on to entice people with coupons. 

Learn how to build and grow a sustainable eCommerce website | https://ecommercery.com
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

You need to augment the temperature of your leads, and volume of leads.  Temperature meaning: Raising the quality of those visiting towards more willing to purchase, and increase the frequency.  Always increase the latter.  The conversion rate is a function of both of those metrics.  

0 Likes

Success.

Hi Norbert,

What a great variety of socks you offer! I just spent some time on your store and here is a bit of feedback I have for you to improve sales:

1. Use call to action language on your website.

2. Improve the quality of your images so they are not that blurry.

3. Make the UX great for the customer (use AI-Powered Product Recommendations in all pages so your shoppers don't hit the back button on then browser)

4. Reduce the choice overload by providing a personalized experience for your shoppers. I can help you with this. Please see LimeSpot Personalizer and let me know if I can help you more.

Cheers,

Michelle

E-Commerce Conversion AI
0 Likes