I invested 2000 and nothing

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey, @Vvel!

It makes a lot of sense that you'd be working on mobile-first. 60 - 70% of your visitors are likely to be on a mobile device so looking good on a mobile browser really should be your number one priority. It's still important to remember about desktop though and make sure you are using high-resolution images of the correct size. I notice you've now connected your Facebook page which is great. The main image on your page is actually more pixelated than the images on your store: 

If you're still spending ad dollars, please cancel your ads until you come up with a new game plan to target your market effectively. If you're not targeting specific interests, there's a high chance that none of the people who have seen your ads is your target market. They're clicking through more out of curiosity than anything. If I saw a cool rave dress on my feed, there's a good chance I'd click on it to see what it's all about but I'd never buy it. I don't go to raves, I'm more into Metallica and Pearl Jam. I wear skinny jeans and old school rock band t-shirts. You're throwing money away when you're taking chances on the interests of your audience. When you spend ad dollars, you need to target your ads strategically to ensure there is a high chance everyone who sees them will be interested in this sort of product. It's a very niche market which actually makes it easy to target when you know how to do it. 

The easiest way to do it is to target followers of competitors. If you Google 'rave wear', the highest-ranking store is iheartraves.com. They have 598,928 followers on their Facebook page which would give you a large number to target with your ads. Here are some more Facebook groups in your niche, with a large following: 

There are more out there but those are the ones I found without trying too hard. Your target market doesn't need to be following all of those pages but they should be following at least one of them, that's how you know they are into this style of clothing. 

Don't target men and women in the same ad. Since you are selling both men and women's clothing, separate your ad budget and target the two sexes separately. Do some A/B testing to find out which products perform the best on ads. 

You need to seriously reduce the number of countries you're targeting. Since your store is in English, it makes sense to only target English speaking countries. Sure, lot's of people in France speak English but lot's don't. They are less likely to trust a site that is not in their first language. That's not to say you won't get orders from non-English speaking countries at all, people will still find you through Instagram and other methods but don't spend ad dollars that you have a slim chance of converting. I sell my own products on both Etsy and Shopify because of the nature of the product. People find my product through the Etsy marketplace, organically via Instagram and on Facebook groups. In all of those cases, they are not being targeted by country, only by interest. Despite that, this is the breakdown of my sales per country: 

It's worth mentioning that I've made it clear on my website that my products are shipping from Canada. This is made clear on Etsy as well, yet the USA is by far my biggest market. Based on the stats above, I'd only ever target the USA, Canada and the UK with paid ads. You'll spot your own patterns as you go but this is a good place for you to start. 

When you do run ads again, I would run a like campaign. I wouldn't run any product ads until you have over 100 followers on your Facebook page. 

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you do the free Facebook ad courses on Shopify Academy. You will get lots more tips on targeting effectively, this was just a starter guide. 

Marketing is the time-consuming part of a business, especially in the beginning. If you're finding it's a bit much for you to do alone, you can consider hiring an apprentice from GenM. They provide free marketing training and businesses can get an apprentice for $49 per month. 

I wish you the best of luck. Reach out to me at any time if you have more questions.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 4

Sorry to hear that. If it helps, send me a link to your store and I'll give you my honest feedback.

Shopify Partner - Store Setup, Store Migration, Conversion Rate Optimization, E-mail Marketing, Product Research. https://travistoh.com/products/optimized-shopify-store
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Just from a laypersons POV, the little popup to show that somebody just bought something is a good trick and it has worked on me when I am buying stuff online. However, you may want to disable it on your store until you get more sales. The fact that it keeps showing the same sale over and over makes me see you arent getting any sales and so the popup serves more as a warning to stay away than an incentive to buy. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
Yeah i had my first last night for something I didn't advertise. I kinda forgot about that sales pop app.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
Where are you seeing the pixalted pink picture? My home screen in desktop looks fine and its purple
0 Likes
Tourist
2 0 0
Such excellent feedback, and all for free. Kudos, respect.
I'm at a loss on my store, but going the slowly slowly route. I keep on getting my ad account deactivated. For some reason they think I'm promoting adult products 🙈 when I'm a bicycle accessory and clothing store. www.rollondown.com
It's a minefield out there , so frustrating. I need a mentor 😬
0 Likes