I invested 2000 and nothing

Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
I've had my store redesigned twice. I've took courses, marketing courses, ripped off by *mentors* and 600 on SEO. I don't know what to do I'm so anxious.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey, @Vvel!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to make sales. It would help if you could provide the URL for your store so I can take a look.

I would also love some more context on what you've been doing for marketing. If you're running Facebook ads, how are you targeting them? If you're running Google Ads, what keywords are you using? Have you tried Instagram Marketing, email marketing?

The more information you can provide, the easier it is for me to help. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
Fb IG and now starting Twitter.
Yes I understand targeting and keeping it in the middle green of the little scale in the audience in fb. I know what's trending, i have promos, Im in the scene myself and seen people wear what i sell. I see other dropshipping store sell what i got for 160$ and they've been in business for years. Innitiwear.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Your biggest issue is your store looks like a dropship site based on your product images. No matter how many designs you do, not much will change until you have better product images. You may get some sales but the best stores standout by having unique and non-dropship looking product images.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
So i have to buy all the products and do photoshoot? I see many dropshipping stores doing fine with supplier images, i was hoping to some make money then work my way up to the fancy stuff. I have a good list of US suppliers with great items but i have to work my way up so they can accept me.

Alot of experts say it looks good. And this guy makes 60k a month with normal images, ive seen the store from the backend too but we dont talk anymore. Is there something else affordable i could do?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Those stores who make it work are exceptions not the rule or normal. It's clearly not working for you. So you can continue down this path or you can change what you are doing. Most people won't give honest it may hurt their feelings feedback because it sounds negative and they don't want to have another competitor to go up against. There is not much else you can do.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
Exceptions... like good marketing.
Thats one thing i haven't been to able to do. Really need help on that. Trying an agency now thats supposed to create ads for me but its been a week and they havent made one yet.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey, @Vvel!

Aria again!

A store that looks professional and trustworthy is more likely to convert visitors into customers. With this in mind, I'll review your store first and recommend a few changes then I'll try to help you with your marketing plan. 

I like your logo. I think it fits well with your product. 

I think your slider image looks really cool, however, I believe it's the wrong size because it looks pixelated. The ideal size would be 1800 x 1000px. The image on your Rave Clothing blog post is also looking pixelated. This happens when the image is smaller than the space it's taking up so it gets stretched out. 

Your copy is pretty good but I'd try to improve on it some more. I would remove the words 'off' and 'shop now':

'Shop Now' would typically be on a button that can be pressed to shop so it may cause some confusion.

There shouldn't be an indent at the start of a paragraph: 

The blog post itself is well written and entertaining to read. I recommend you continue with the blog and be consistent about when you post. Once a week would be ideal and always posting on the same day. It's a fantastic way to add value beyond your product which will help you drive traffic to your store and boost your SEO. Check out 8 Brilliant Blogs Run by Ecommerce Stores (And What You Can Learn From Them).

In your Best Sellers section, I would either add another two products to fill in the gaps at the bottom or edit the rows so that there are three products per row instead of four, to balance things out. It's also important to ensure your product images are a uniform size so your site flows well. 

Your product and collection images can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels. Product and collection images need to have a file size smaller than 20 MB to be added to Shopify.

High-resolution photos look more polished and professional to your customers. For square product images, a size of 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best.

Your Facebook link is broken:

I would remove your email address from your footer. Bots often crawl websites looking for email addresses to spam businesses. It's better for customers to use your contact form anyway, it means they don't need to open their email account to contact you. 

I always recommend putting a physical address or mailing address on your Contact Us page. It makes your store look less anonymous and will increase trust with potential customers. I personally never buy from stores if I can't tell where their business is located. 

The faster a customer can get a response to their questions, the more chance there is they will place an order. They will feel if you respond to them promptly pre-sale, there is a good chance you will also respond when there is a problem with their order. If you're an iPhone user, Shopify Chat is a great option. If not, there are other options such as the Facebook Messenger Channel or one of the other chat apps in our app store. 

Make sure you build your Social Media following. I see you have 22 followers on Instagram. Your follower count is a great example of Social Proof and can encourage others to follow you and buy from you. Vary your content. Ideally, you should rotate four or five different content pillars. Your products can be one of those pillars but post a product followed by three different types of content then go back to posting another product. If you're stuck for ideas on what to post, check out What to Post on Instagram: 20 Post Ideas to Spice Up Your Feed. It can be time-consuming to grow your following organically, initially. Through time, people will find you through your hashtags but you can start by following a few big accounts related to the rave scene or anything else you feel fits in with your products and go to their followers to comment on their photo's. If you even spend an hour a day doing this for a while, you should start to see your follower count pick up. It's worth doing our free Instagram Marketing course on Shopify Academy for more tips on using this cost-effective marketing technique. Nobody has time to post manually, so make sure you sign up for a service that can post for you. Here are some examples: 

Working with micro-influencers in your niche is another cost-effective marketing method. If you combine influencer marketing with an affiliate program, you can encourage people to post more often. Giving a cut of your profits to affiliates can make more sense than throwing money at Facebook ads where you need to pay regardless of whether you make a sale or not. With affiliate marketing, you are only paying when an order is placed and you can set the percentage that will be paid. 

Email marketing is still the most effective and cost-effective form of advertising. People only give you their email address if they are interested in your product. I love that you are offering a discount to customers who join your mailing list. An even more effective method is to offer them something for free that they can only receive by providing their email address, such as a digital download. I'm sure you know way more about the culture than I do so you'll come up with your own great ideas but you could perhaps do a guide to which raves are on in different countries or a guide to rave music. As long as it's different to your blog content and you would want to download it yourself if you came across it, people are likely to part with their email address in exchange for it. Make sure your email campaigns are then well-optimized to keep people interested. Check that people are opted in to accept marketing by default (Settings > Checkout): 

You can use a tool such as Seguno to send out welcome emails and ongoing marketing emails automatically. You can find more options in our app store. We also have a free email marketing course on Shopify Academy. There are Facebook and Google ads courses on there as well. 

I can advise you further on your Facebook ads if you tell me a bit about how you're targeting your ads. Are you targeting followers of certain Facebook Pages? If so, which ones? Which age group are you targeting? Which countries?

I know you feel like you're targeting ads well but one way to put that to the test is with your data. If you're getting less than 1000 visitor per month, you need to drive more traffic. If you are getting 1000 visitors but you've got less than a 2 - 4 % conversion rate (20 - 40 orders), there is something off with your ad targeting, unless of course, you have a high volume of abandoned checkouts, in which case there is something wrong with the flow of your checkout process. In that case, you can do some test orders to find out what customers are experiencing and use the Lucky Orange app to get more of an insight. 

I understand it can be overwhelming when you're starting a new business. There is a lot to learn and a lot of trial and error. I'm always happy to help, you're welcome to ask me more questions. I recommend you follow our blog and podcast for a lot more marketing ideas. There's a lot of inspiration in there. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
Thank you
I fixed the blogs, best sellers, and FB link. Im gonna have to see if i can resize the images as i mainly maintain the store on store and didn't they were pixelated.

As for ads
No
18-35
Worldwide except 7 places.
I mainly get 500-1000 monthly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
Maintain store on moblie**
0 Likes