I need help finding keywords please help asap

differentstudio
Tourist
12 0 3

If anyone could please help me by going on my website and looking around and see what we're all about, please tell me some good keywords for google AdWords because I need to spend $25 in the next couple of days and I dont want it to be a waste. Sorry I am now and it would help me out very much!

Thank you,

Differentstudios

Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 8

Hey,

It seems you have just started your online venture. Congrats!

As I can see your product line is of sweatshirts, you need to consider the search pattern before getting started.

In this case, I have used Google trends to check which is the "most commonly used" search term for sweatshirts, and clearly "hoodie" is the winner. So to leverage Google's organic search you can edit all your products with hoodie on title and product description, not sweaters or anything else. 

Difference between pullover-sweatshirt-hoodie

Now coming down to the Paid Keywords, I have found few.

P.S this search is for worldwide data since I don't know your demography. 

I have pulled this data from Google Keyword Planner,  If you're not aware of Planner this will certainly help: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Based on your landing page, keywords and Targeting Geography, Google will suggest you keywords and suggested bidding value.

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
differentstudio
Tourist
12 0 3

Thank you very much this will help.

0 Likes
Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 8

All the best!! Let us know how your campaigns performed.

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
0 Likes
GrowthHit
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Good looking site! One word of advice, dress up your 'about us' page. For a new brand it is super important. Imagine going to a shop or restaurant for the first time and the owner is there to meet you. You need to be impressed or you won't come back. 

To help with your question of keywords, Vishal did a nice job on the keyword planner and the trends chart. 

For a small budget I recommend getting away from very general terms like "hoodie" and "pullover jacket" though. That budget will be gone very fast and you need to be sure to spend it on people who are ready to buy, not just looking. 

Long tail terms like "where to buy unique hoodies" may be better for you. True, the volume will be far lower - but that means your budget will go farther, and when you do shell out the cash, it will be someone who is more likely to be in a buying mood. 

A couple other quick tips, use "exact" or "phrase" match targeting for your keywords, never broad or your budget will just disappear. 

And one final thing - since you are going to be paying for traffic, please set something up to capture interested parties email addresses. I recommend a pop up from SUMO or just uno. Use some sort of enticing offer to get them on your list. 

Truth is, very few people buy the first time they are exposed to a brand. You need to build trust and some studies suggest it may take up to 7 contacts or interaction with them before they buy. So please be sure to make the most of your budget.

All the best

George

Need more sales (or that first sale)? Check out these 7 FREE apps that will help you grow in 2018 https://goo.gl/5QL35w
0 Likes
ISLK
Excursionist
74 0 11

Thanks Vishal, your post is one of the most useful I've seen in the forums!

Tomas

Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 8

Thanks, Tomas!! 

0 Likes
Arjun
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

SOme good suggestions here already from Vishal. I'd just like to add another way of doing keyword research. 

What you could do is look at competitors that are selling items related to your keywords and see what keywords are driving traffic to their website. 

As an example, I googled 'mens pullover jackets' and looked at few websites to see which keywords are driving traffic for them. 

Amazon has a page dedicated to this, and via SEMRush I found out that these are the top keywords driving traffic to that particular page:

Keyword & Search Volume to the amazon inner page

1. mens lightweight jacket - 6,600 searches
  2. lightweight jacket - 4,400 searches
  3. light jacket - 4,400 searches
  4. mens light jacket - 3,600 searches
  5. mens spring jackets - 36,60 searches

Similarly, Dicks Sporting good had a page realted to 'mens pullover jackets', and these were the top keywords driving traffic to that page.

Keyword Volume to the DSG inner page

1. mens fleece jacket - 8,100 search
  2. fleece jackets for men 1,600 search
  3. fleece sweater -  1,300 search 

This is in no way complete - It is just to show you another way to do keyword research. I actually prefer to start keyword research this way, as I can learn from competitors that alre arleady spending money online on ads. 

As you are looking at paid ads, I'd suggest that you focus only on 'money keywords' - i.e. those which has a high immediate buy intent. Probably none of the keywords I listed above should be your first choice - as they dont have the maximum buy intent. You will have to research your competitors this way until you gind a group of keywords that are relatively high in volume and also has buy intent. 

Hope this helps. Good luck with the store.

Arjun

0 Likes
Arjun
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

SOme good suggestions here already from Vishal. I'd just like to add another way of doing keyword research. 

What you could do is look at competitors that are selling items related to your keywords and see what keywords are driving traffic to their website. 

As an example, I googled 'mens pullover jackets' and looked at few websites to see which keywords are driving traffic for them. 

Amazon has a page dedicated to this, and via SEMRush I found out that these are the top keywords driving traffic to that particular page:

Keyword & Search Volume to the amazon inner page

1. mens lightweight jacket - 6,600 searches
  2. lightweight jacket - 4,400 searches
  3. light jacket - 4,400 searches
  4. mens light jacket - 3,600 searches
  5. mens spring jackets - 36,60 searches

Similarly, Dicks Sporting good had a page realted to 'mens pullover jackets', and these were the top keywords driving traffic to that page.

Keyword Volume to the DSG inner page

1. mens fleece jacket - 8,100 search
  2. fleece jackets for men 1,600 search
  3. fleece sweater -  1,300 search 

This is in no way complete - also these are for US related searches.. It is just to show you another way to do keyword research. I actually prefer to start keyword research this way, as I can learn from competitors that alre arleady spending money online on ads on what is working well for them. 

As you are looking at paid ads, I'd suggest that you focus only on 'money keywords' - i.e. those which has a high immediate buy intent. Probably none of the keywords I listed above should be your first choice - as they dont have the maximum buy intent. You will have to research your competitors this way until you find a group of keywords that are relatively high in volume and also has buy intent. 

Hope this helps. Good luck with the store.

Arjun

0 Likes
Woodchuck
Excursionist
50 0 5

Poor example, George.

I go to resuraunts all the time, and never meet the owner. Why can't I simply go to a resuraunt to have a burger or a bowl of pasta....afterall, that's why I went there.  Not to meet the owner.

When was the last time you "met the owner" when you bought something on Amazon?

0 Likes