I ran a facebook ad for a free product and still got no traffic and no sales

Derrick2
10 0 0

I'm really shocked that I got such poor results from this ad. Any advice? Any suggestions for different ads? what do you think went wrong?

view the ad below:

https://www.facebook.com/CatLoversUnited17/posts/609894962543520?ref=notif&notif_t=like&notif_id=149...

Audience I used:

United States

18 - 64

Female

Language:

English (UK) or English (US)

People Who Match:

Interests: Meowingtons, ModCloth, Jewelry, Style Fashion Trend, Shopify, Online shopping, WOMAN Fashion or Pusheen

0 Likes
Luis_Morales2
Shopify Partner
58 0 11

Hey Derrick,

Its pretty clear to see why your ad campain was unsuccessful - you were targeting a very big broad audience. You need to be extremely focused on a very niche audience if you are going to succeed. Think about it - not everyone who likes womens fashion/Online Shopping and Jewelry likes cats. And even they like cats, only super committed cat lovers are going to be purchasing from you. 

A lot of people think that having an audience size with millions of people will lead to more sales. But this is far from the truth. The beauty of Facebook is that you can refine a very targeted audience to less than 1 million people at times and get extremely good results.  I have audiences working for me that are as small as 700,000 people. 

Get more granular. Also, get in touch with me if you want to refine this further: luis@luisemorales.com

0 Likes
Derrick2
10 0 0

Hi Luis, thx for the advice. honestly, I'm not sure what to do at this point because I actually hired someone to come up with that audience. But now that I look at it you're completely right it's no good. Could anyone recommend me an audience for my shop?

0 Likes
Derrick2
10 0 0

I started working on a new audience here's what I got so far. Tell me what you think. Thx!

Language: English UK or English US

Purchase Behavior: Cat Owners, Cat Products, & Womens Apparel

Interests: Alley Cat Rescue, Black Cat Rescue, Cat Lovers, Crazy Cat Lady, Guardian Angels Cat Rescue & Adoption Shelter, I Love My Cats, Siamese Cat Rescue Center

0 Likes
Derrick2
10 0 0

Also for the optimization for ad delivery part should I put link clicks or conversions? Because I used conversions for the first one and they would charge me if someone saw the ad.

0 Likes
Derrick2
10 0 0

I can't figure out how to make my audience less broad

0 Likes
Jarrett
Shopify Partner
117 0 12

Hey guys if you are looking for more free information on digital marketing checkout my facebook page www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I have done a few million on online sales over the last few years and don't charge anything for my content. I got fed up with all of these coaches scamming you guys for $5000 for a program that "makes you money" so I decided I will post all of my knowledge for free for you guys! My back ends are all on shopify and I show all of my numbers! Hopefully this helps!

0 Likes
Roger_Saenz5
4 0 0

First of all, you need to use a different picture for the ad or you can even use a video if you have one and Derrick the target you have to the comment it's extremely broad, reduce that to 50,000 by adding the ''it should also be interested in '' feature.

0 Likes
ryann
10 0 0

Derrick,

If you're still looking for help shoot me an email: Ryan@unitidigital.com 

I'd love to help you out!

thanks!

0 Likes
Craig_Cameron2
6 0 0

What you should test is passionate audiences in different adsets and narrow the audience with the broader audiences. But when testing I really would try and narrow with 3 layers so the user must like this AND this AND this. If they like all three then you know they are passionate. Look for interests like magazines, websites, brands and anything that ONLY a cat lover would be part of.

0 Likes