I think I'm going crazy Google description is too long

Excursionist
18 1 6

This is doing my head in! But, I'm having problems with google shopping. It keeps telling me that a product (one I'm testing) that the description is too long and it needs to be less than 5000 char. Even if I overwrite the description in the product page (with a few words) I still keep getting this error and I don't understand why!

Can anyone help, please!!?

0 Likes

What is the time difference between when you write a new description and the product gets rejected again? If you are using the Google Shopping App, it can take a few days for a product to get updated inside your Google Merchant Center.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
18 1 6

It's not getting rejected by Google as such, but when I'm in the edit product page within Shopify under the Product Availability section on the right hand side. It is showing that error

0 Likes
Highlighted

If it's within Shopify, I would call them up and ask their customer success team about the error.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
18 1 6

Thanks for all the help everyone, but looks like the problem has rectified itself as there's no error anymore and looks like my products are now showing in the Merchant centre.

Instead there's an error about linking... 

Google Shopping
  • The domain for your product landing page doesn't match your merchant center website settings.. 

But I've checked it in the merch centre and again the link is fine and working, doesn't look like there's anywhere in Shopify to change it so, will just ignore it for now as it seems to be working everywhere except Shopify admin.... Looks like they need to sort out a few things!!!

0 Likes