Impacts to SEO when pausing store?

Sean_Meagher
1 0 0

I am not currently using the Shopify Checkout functionality (using a 3rd party plug-in to sell subscriptions) so I am currently enrolled in the "Dormant" plan. My question is, am I being negatively impacted from an SEO perspective for my plan being in "Dormant" mode as opposed to one of the normal shopify plans?

Also, does it make a difference from an SEO perspective if my store name (xxxxx.myshopify.com) is different from my primary domain? My domain name is different drom my xxxxxxx.myshopify.com name which uses my legal business addres.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Dave_E
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 18

Hey Sean! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

So using the Dormant Plan with Shopify simply disables the checkout which wouldn't have a negative impact on your SEO. As long as your site is fresh and regularly updated with content such as blogs the plan you're on won't have any negative effect. The same goes for your domain - using a different primary domain won't have any negative impact - put your best foot forward with SEO and your main domain as your primary and all will be OK!  

While on the topic I have some helpful references which may be of interest, take a look at our help guide on your stores SEO  as well as this fantastic blog post. There can be a lot to consider with SEO so this SEO Checklist may come in use. 

I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
YINJIE
2 0 0

Hello, if i pasue the store, can I continue to edit my shop?

0 Likes

I don't think so, Unless you have bad SEO practice that affects the ranking of your website in Search Engine.

0 Likes