Import legacy promo codes?

Robert_Behnke
3 0 0

We are moving to Shopify Plus from Magento in about a month. We have hundreds (thousands?) of promo codes in existance from our Magento platform that will still be valid when we pull the trigger and go live with Shopify Plus. Is there a way to bulk import these existing codes into Shopify to give the user a seamless experience? 

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10037 119 1873

If you're doing a migration I assume you're also bringing over the customer and order data. Any reason why you're not also doing discounts at the same time (via the price rules api)? Important to note that one time/single use discount codes will reset when you move to a new platform so make sure you consider that.

Are you working with a Launch Manager on Shopify side or are you yet to join Shopify Plus?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Robert_Behnke
3 0 0

I can ask my launch manager about this I suppose. We are migrating customers but we decided not to migrate orders because we do not want to migrate all of hte old products. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1221 71 155

Hi there Robert!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While it's possible to export discount codes from your Shopify store, it's actually not possible to import them in this fashion at the moment.

However, as you had mentioned you were moving to Shopify Plus, I would recommend that you check in with your Merchant Success Manager as they will be able to look into alternative methods for bringing this info into your store in bulk or in an automated fashion.

If you have been in touch with your MSM at any point in the past you can just reach out to them again to ask them for any input they have on this.

If you have never been in touch with them to date, we can help you get in contact.

Just email support@shopify.com from the email address used to log into your Plus account and post the ticket number you get for that interaction here so I can grab it from the queue and link you up with your MSM.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
veronikavov
1 0 0

I like to use promo codes when I do my online shopping or traditional shopping)  It always help a lot to save money. I find some when I was reading this article 

0 Likes