Inconsistent Traffic and NO SALES! All Feedback Welcome.

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys  - 

I'm having an issue getting consistent traffic and sales, unfortunately. I am running a dropshipping store called O'PURE. It is an accessory that currently sells bracelets (see screenshot below).

screenshot-opure.co-2019.06.12-21-43-33.png

Typically, I get site visitors here and there. When I do Facebook and/or Instagram marketing, I seem to get quite a bit of traffic but rarely anyone ever makes a purchase. There have been times where I would see maybe 1 - 2 potential customers add items to the cart, but not much more than that.

I am not sure what the issue may be, but I could definitely use a second opinion to hopefully alleviate this problem. Not sure if the design plays a factor or if it could be something else.

Here is the site link: https://opure.co

Please help. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 21 221

This is an accepted solution.

Hey!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

I'm not sure how many visitors you've had so far. To get reliable data, you should be looking at 1000 visitors or more per month. If you haven't quite gotten there yet, I would have a think about how you can drive more traffic. Keep in mind, a new store will typically have a conversion rate of between 2 and 4%. With 1000 visitors, that's 20 - 40 customers in a month if you make that target.

Create a Marketing Plan to keep yourself on track. You mentioned you've already done some Facebook and Instagram marketing. If you're new to this, it would be a good idea to do the free courses on Shopify Academy. We have courses on Instagram Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Facebook ads and more.

It's also worth considering the following:

If it all seems a bit time consuming, you could consider hiring a marketing apprentice for a low cost from GenM.

Of course, when visitors do arrive at your store, you need everything to look professional in order to close the sale. Your store is looking good already but I have a few suggestions that could help.

Use a professional looking logo, rather than just text. If you don't have the budget for a designer right now, you could create one yourself using Hatchful.

If you're offering free shipping, make it clear if it's Worldwide shipping or just within a certain country.

If I scroll to the bottom of the page, I can actually see you only ship within the US so it would be useful to put that information in your shipping bar.

This text is hard to read over certain parts of the image:

I think it's great you're providing a mailing address and phone number. This will help to build trust with your customers, as will your product reviews.

I feel your product prices may be a little high for what you're selling. They are beautiful bracelets but I think about companies like Pura Vida who are huge in this market and their prices are lower for a similar quality bracelet. It can often be difficult to determine what you should be charging. This guide may help.

I would reconsider your About Us page. In particular, this line may be taken the wrong way by some of your target market: Millennials are heavily focused on how they appear to the world and what can enhance their look. A great About Us page can really sell people on your brand. Check out The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).

Make sure your Return Policy is written specifically for your store. You're using the standard template which hasn't been edited so it mentions products you don't sell.

When I click on Sizing, it has the wrong link attached. Check all of your menus to ensure they land where you intended.

I like that you've got your Social Media links opening in a new tab. I would work on building your following. I would run a Like Campaign on Facebook until you have over 100 followers. I would hold off on spending money on product ads until then. Think of a few Content Pillars for Instagram, rather than only posting your products. If you want to gain followers, you need an entertaining feed.

You have a beautiful product. Once you've had a chance to grow your brand, I can see your sales picking up.

Let me know how you get on.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Wow, this was a VERY thorough analysis. I am greatly appreciative for the in-depth feedback and I plan to get starting on tackling some of these various issues ASAP.

Thanks again Anna!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hiya, have you thought of running an affiliate programme? We can integrate easily with your Shopify store with our app? Worth considering this as a route as you’ll have access to over 100,000 websites. Happy to help if you want to email me? Michelle.osullivan@awin.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 21 221

Hey!

I'm glad you found the feedback worthwhile. 

Reach out at any time!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Help i need help i have yhe same problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Help i need help i have the same problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey, have you considered running an Affiliate Programme? Its basically a way to connect with other websites that select to promote your items, they then send traffic to your website and you pay them a commission on a sale. We have an app pending for Shopify that allows you to easily work with our network. Many other Shopify websites already work with us, id think it would really help you!

michelle.osullivan@awin.com

@celineglaesper wrote:
Help i need help i have yhe same problem

www.awin.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
166 3 25

Hi Dmoor,

Looks like you have received quite a bit of feedback from Shopify! I hope that it has been helpful with increasing your sales!

But, if you haven't begun using an automated advertising system, you might be significantly under-utilizing all of the work you've put into your site. Here at AdScale, we recommend always using a system with AT LEAST AI automated processes for cross channel and platform advertising as well as bid and budget automatons. This can make a significant difference in creating robust targeted advertising campaigns that improve your conversion rates.

Moreover, I strongly suggest trying out a Free store analyzer to check that the meta descriptions and titles you've written, your sitemap is of a high quality, and that other details that you might have missed are optimized for SEO crawlers. Often there are quite a few details going on behind the scenes that we miss, and these details can dramatically affect the effectiveness and purposefulness of your site as well as your advertising budget.

So, using a free Store Checkup Tool like the one from AdScale might be of help. It will give you a report on how ready your site is to advertise and deliver you actionable fixes if need be.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

AdScale weaves the power of AI technology into your advertising by automatically creating and optimizing ads on Google, Facebook & Instagram with ROI of 1,000% and success-based pricing
https://www.adscale.com
0 Likes