Is Custom Audience Even Remotely Accurate on Facebook?

Highlighted
28 0 0

Alright I have a question I am trying to retarget Visitors I've had in the past 100 Days On Facebook. Clearly I've had thousands of visitors, but when I go to Do a Custom audience on facebook it only Tells me 100 people.

I have had 5,000 visitors in the past 100 days rounding down. But Only 100 shows up as the custom audience when completed.

Can anyone explain this to me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
28 0 0

EDIT: Attaching screenshot here this isnt the full 100 Days but still gives an idea that the custom audience should have more than just 100 people in it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Matthew,

using the Pixel, Facebook identifies visitors to your shop and tries to find an associated Facebook Account. Only visitors that have a Facebook Account will appear in the Custom Audience. As an example: If 1000 people visit your site, but Facebook can only find 100 accounts, Facebook will also only show 100 people. That's where the discrepancy comes from.

However, I do agree that you should be seeing more people there (since almost everyone has Facebook). Sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for an audience to populate fully - did anything change since your post?

Cheers, Luis

0 Likes
Highlighted
28 0 0

Hey Luis!

No Unfortunately it still shows 100. And you know facebook.Their support is more than ninexistent.I hate to have wasted money I barely have to bring in all that traffic and then out of 5k only 100 people show up. Am I doing something wrong? No idea

0 Likes