Is Pinterest worth it?

Highlighted
Excursionist
122 0 7

We are https://www.teesbyaidan.com/

We have talked to a considerable amount of people and they all say that they think are designs are fantastic. Obviously this is good. So we want to see from everyone on the forum what are the areas where we could improve. 

For a brand like us selling to mostly males who are younger is Pinterest something we should be seriously looking at? 

Tees by Aidan is a high quality clothing retailer made by and for people who want to stand out. We sell a wide variety of casual apparel designed for young adults. All designs are made by graphic designer Aidan Toole. Tees by Aidan is based in Philadelphia. www.teesbyaidan.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2 0 1

Hi there,

I found a couple of interesting articles on why you might want to market to your audience via Pinterest even though your main customers are young males and not Pinterest’s most regular users.

The one that stands out the most is this one from Marketing Land, which shows that male new user signups are growing faster than female ones. It also mentions that a lot of male users are from out side of the US, and so if you are looking to reach an international market, that is something to keep in mind.

This article from Phys Org gives a snapshot of the kinds of things men are pinning and viewing on Pinterest.

And this article gives some suggestions about how to prepare your pins to be more catching to men.

At the end of the day it’s your decision, but considering that things are always changing regarding Social Media, I think it’s a good idea!

If you decide to go ahead with it, here is a great article on how to use Pinterest with your Shopify store from the Shopify Blog.

I hope this info is helpful!

Jess

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
122 0 7

Thanks Jess! 

Tees by Aidan is a high quality clothing retailer made by and for people who want to stand out. We sell a wide variety of casual apparel designed for young adults. All designs are made by graphic designer Aidan Toole. Tees by Aidan is based in Philadelphia. www.teesbyaidan.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
21 0 2

Hey!

Are you Aiden? Very cool designs.

From my experience Pinterest is not a great method to target younger males. 

Instagram or facebook work better and the targetting is more precise. I would also try Google shopping which always works well for us.

let me know if you need any help.

Jamie

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Since Pinterest is probably the only other massive social channel that's highly visual (besides IG), you should definitely step into it. You can get your target demographic - males - (who are typically on Facebook or Twitter) follow your Pinterest profile by promoting your Pinterest on these social networks. That way, you make sure you are on Pinterest while also keeping your other channels informed of what's going on there.

Blogger, researcher and minimalism enthusiast.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Pinterest usually does really well for fashion brands. Start with organic postings until you have a good set of boards and some followers. Then try out a Promoted Pin and see what happens.

Instagram is a slightly younger, and less gender-biased toward females. You should definitely experiment with some paid promotion there as well.

I have had no long with getting a possitive ROI from Facebook.

Director of Marketing at Inflow - www.GoInflow.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
122 0 7

Thanks Jamie!

Yeah this is Aidan. Yes we are pretty new to Facebook and Instagram for business but need to for sure go deeper with it. What are you guys doing using Google Shopping? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
122 0 7

Thanks Everett!

Yeah we definetely have a lot to learn on these platforms for sure! 

0 Likes