Is Shopify Dry Test Friendly?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I'm getting ready to launch a store and I know I will use Shopify, but I still need to do a dry test to determine prices and other variables. Is Shopify setup to do this? It would be nice to avoid setting up another website just to do this.

This method is described in Tim Ferriss' 4HWW and elsewhere, but it's essentially using Google AdWords to get visitors to a mock store front with the genuine intent to purchase, and right before payment processing, the user sees an "out of stock" message or the like. 

It's important to have pages that separate product info, pricing, and final "checkout" so the reason a visitor abandons a sale can be reasonably derived.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
293 0 11

Hey Dave,

Shopify doesn't officially support dry test. I *think* you could modify checkout.css (the CSS stylesheet used to control the styling of the checkout page) and put a static message saying this product is out of stock (and hide the appropriate fields), but you wouldn't be able to process any orders.

More info on checkout.css here: http://wiki.shopify.com/Checkout

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @cfstuff - did you happen to solve this problem? If so, what did you end up doing? Thanks!

0 Likes