Is Social Stinger (socialstinger.com) a legit company?

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
20 0 1

Hi all,

What do we know about Social Stinger, are they a legit company?

Have any store owner actually worked with them and their marketing services? Are they an official partner to SHopify as they claim?

www.socialstinger.com

Please share,

Filip

INFLUENCER MARKETING APP: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/influencer-marketing-app-442640
1 Like

Hi,

I just went through all of the "testimonials" on their site and I'm having a hard time trusting them (see reasons below). So, I replied to their initial email with the following and when, hopefully, I receive their reply, I will post it here:

"Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your email although I am struggling to find the highly “succesful” FB pages of some of the people in your “testimonials” to see examples of your work.

I seem to find only the FB pages of:

Also, I didn’t find any highly succesful websites from the ones that you have listed on your pages. Most of them are either non-existent or have a very low number of visitors/day. I even found one that was made by other developers (i.e. not Social Stinger) !

So, could you please help me with these discrepancies because I am having a really hard time verifying your claims ?

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to your reply,

With Kind Regards,

Helen"

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
0 Likes

BTW, I just found this as well and things don't look good at all (look at the last post on the page):

http://www.warriorforum.com/other-website-products-services/1022958-super-affiliate-authority-sites-...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
0 Likes
5 0 0

Safe yourself research time and just don't do it! I couldn't find anything legit about this company.

0 Likes

For what it's worth, seven days have gone by since I sent them the email I mentioned above and I have no reaction from them whatsoever.

In addition, while searching around, I found more people  wondering if they are for real and, in the process, I realized that they have changed their brand and website altogether (I think it was about 2 years ago).

Another thing that shows me they should not be trusted is that, in their testimonials, there are no links leading to the websites and/or Facebook pages they claim to have setup. Interesting approach ....

The conclusions are yours ...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
20 0 1

Few more googles;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/social-stinger/beverly-new-jersey-08010/social-stinger-scam-serv...

"Social Stinger were extremely aggressive and communicative when trying to win my business. As soon as I had transferred the money for their monthly $497 subscription, that's pretty much where the communication ended. They promised me 4 engagement posts per day on my Facebook page and up to 10 ads that would be thoroughly tested and optimized. I received none of that. They barely made a few posts here and there over the course of a month and set up 2 ad campaigns after continuous prompting. No testing or optimizing was done on the ads and they blew through hundreds of dollars on poorly written (I'm pretty sure they outsourced the text copy to the Philippines or India) and performing ads. They didn't even spellcheck their ads. I was doing a lot better on my own before Social Stinger. What's worse is I received no replies to over 5 emails, until I had finally had enough and asked for a cancellation and refund. At that point I finally got a response just to say they refuse to offer a refund, even though none of what they promised me materialized. This is an awful, money-grabbing, amateur organization. Stay away."

"Rocky" hasnt responded to any of my last 10 emails.

Edit: Now he responded after this post that his lawyer is going to go after me for posting this thread. Thoughts?

INFLUENCER MARKETING APP: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/influencer-marketing-app-442640
0 Likes

I suppose he will have to prove first that what is mentioned in this thread is defamation (i.e. not true). In a Court of Law, he will have to present all his accounts and, hence, all the business owners who have written all those positive reviews on his site (with names, addresses, phones etc.). They will have to come in and testify as witnesses.

I'm guessing that, in the process, all the people who have paid but have not received the appropriate services will surface as well. So, it would be interesting to see how he will compensate all of them. And I'm guessing there are many of those who would very much like to get their money back (with interest ...).

Very interested to see how he can pull this one off ...

Failure to do any of the above has criminal implications as well ...

Oh, and at the end of this, he can also be ordered to pay for all your legal expenses as well ...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
20 0 1

Well the funny thing in all that is though, I have still only asked a question and cited another reviewer... :)

And all I really want is still answers to my questions, which he still did nit reply in the same email, such as;

"Can you give me a couple of reference customers - actual stores you are working with and their Urls? Preferrably in the premium segment,

Also, you say you are a Shopify official partner, do you have a document saying that?

Furthermore I am extremely cautious to not see a contract before paying you. There is no serious business that can'ät provide that, so that makes us a bit suspicious.

I like your ideas, and I don't have a problem with your budget, but I need proof of legitimacy from your business."

0 Likes

As I mentioned initially in this thread, I did extensive research on his claims and came across some rather worrying indications.

So, I wrote him an email (see further above in this thread for a copy of my email) asking him to explain the "discrepancies" between the 5-star reviews and the fact that I couldn't find anyone from the respective business owners who had a legit and/or succesful site/FB page.

I never got a response from him. That tells me all I want to know.

So, that makes two of us !

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
0 Likes
4 0 0

Sadly I did not see this until it was too late.I ordered a website from this company and paid for one month of advertising.  Thegreenerycollective.com is that website.  For now it is still up and running with terrible product titles and descriptions as well as products that have been discontinued on Aliexpress.com and products people are not even talking about on Facebook.  There are spelling mistakes on almost every page.  They also screwed me on Facebook.  The Facebook fan page is done with as minimal amount of work as possible and when I gave them a $500 budget to advertise with they somehow ran $1150 worth of ads.  I now owe Facebook $500 and can not advertise until it is paid.  I have no money left.  I got a small loan to try and get a business up and running with the hope of getting off welfare.  Teo Vanyo and his cronies including Julius Diasanta and Lucy Potestas are dishonest.  I have emailed them several times but they have ignored me.  I am not sure what I should do.  I made a $30 sale from $1150 worth of advertising - $650 I did not authorize.  Please tell everyone to stay away from this company.  I am so sad right now.  I am not sure if I can continue to pay the shopify fees but I have to try something.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

0 Likes