Is Twitter Dead?

Your_Mom
Tourist
10 0 1

It would be cool to hear from other Shopify store owners: do you still tweet?

We are a little fashion brand, we definitely recognise the importance of Instagram (bloodorange13), but, personally, I don't think it's worth it anymore to devote valuble time to keeping a twiiter account alive?

The only reason I use Twitter these days is to find someone's instagram, but maybe that's just me?

Do you agree?

0 Likes
Leon_Henry1
Excursionist
126 0 10

Hi Leon the community here

Twitter is a fantastic place to market your business for shopify.

if used correctly with ads you could attract the right targeted audience to acquire sales

if need any more help feel free to reach out

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
FinditQuick_Sho
Shopify Partner
143 0 13

Hi Ya!

The shopify merchants we deal with are seeing sales come from just about all the social networks. 

Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram are the most popular.  There is a program called hootsuite.com that makes it real easy to keep all your social media active and up to date. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free.  3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free. http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick 3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick
0 Likes
Matt_A
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
162 0 8

Hello,

Matt here from the Guru Team! :-)

Great question! :-D  While I do not have my own Shopify store I would say many store owners I talk to like to use Twitter on a regular basis to help promote advertising campaigns and help increase their SEO ranking.  It is also a great way for customers to reach out to store owners directly very quickly. 

I hope you have an excellent day! 

Matt

0 Likes
Rhonda_LaBatt
Tourist
40 0 3

Twitter is dead in certain demographics- or was never alive there. If you are marketing to customers under the age of 25-30, I wouldn't spend much time with Twitter, and devote more time to the channels that bring more traffic. The younger crowd spends more time on instagram and snapchat, and even facebook to a certain extent. Take a look at where the traffic to your site is coming from, and then devote the same proportion of time to each one. 

For example, we are an ethical boutique based in Phoenix called Redemption Market, where every purchase supports a cause. The social media channels of choice for our target market are instagram, facebook, and pinterest. Twitter and linkedin result in virtually no conversions. 

Hope that helps! Best of luck to you.

Rhonda LaBatt • founder Redemption Market, an ethical boutique where every purchase supports a cause • redemptionmarket.com
0 Likes
Leon_Henry1
Excursionist
126 0 10

Hi Rhonda Leon from the community

Twitter can be misunderstood for shopping but here is a small snip-it  that breaks down the Twitter percentage  

http://www.trueship.com/blog/2015/02/24/infographic-mind-boggling-social-shopping-statistics-spotlig...

Social Shopping Statistics

One of the key advantages of using social media for branding is the engagement factor. Unlike other areas of advertising, consumers who follow your brand on social networks are essentially nurtured and interested leads, and want to be engaged by your brand, according to a social shopping statistics report by Marketing Professors.

Of the users that follow brands to learn more about their products and services, the following social shopping statistics apply:

·  56% of Facebook users

·  47% of Twitter users

·  56% of Pinterest users

Twitter will always play a major part on how  a consumer makes a  purchasing decisions as its real time information . Do not under estimate the power of social behaviour  

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes