Is it possible to make a custom order Shoppable on FB & IG?

Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm an artist and I have a page & a product on my site devoted to taking custom orders.  This product won't show up in FB or IG because it doesn't have a price.  It would be extremely beneficial if I could use the photos customers send me of the paintings in their homes to make them shoppable for commissioned (custom) paintings.  Is that possible?  If so, how?  Or perhaps I need to set my page/product up differently?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey Lisa,

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. :)

It's not currently possible to list a product for sale on the Facebook or Instagram channel unless it has a price. It goes against Facebook's rules. You can read their product requirements here

When it's your own website, you can put custom coding next to a price to let people know it's your starting price but sadly we can't customize the sales channels since we can't access the code.

The best thing you can do is post examples of your custom products on both your Facebook page and Instagram feed with a link to where they can create a custom order on your website. 

I hope this helps. :)

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks, Aria. That's what I thought, but also thought there might be a workaround for custom products. 

Could you guide me regarding the coding for "prices starting at..."?

Many thanks!

Lisa

0 Likes