Is it possible to share promo code redemption sales with influencer?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Let's say I were to mail free samples of my product to influencers that includes a personalized letter and discount code they can offer to their followers—should they decide to share the product of course.

Is there a way to share data of total sales from customers using the discount code? My end goal is some sort of dashboard or just general way for influencer to verify promo code redemption sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 604

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @vmg,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great idea and question. You can create a sales report based on each of the discount codes you have created and distributed. The report helps you see how often your discount codes are used and can help you determine which discounts are converting into the most sales. 

Is there a way to share data of total sales from customers using the discount code? My end goal is some sort of dashboard or just general way for influencer to verify promo code redemption sales.

Because of this, you can track how each influencer is doing and how many sales you have made from each code. Shopify has a helpful guide through all the information you need to know about which you can read here

A couple of things to note with the analytics is that it does take at least 12 hours for before sale records are reflected in the sales by the discount report. The other thing is that the sales reports are only available if you are on the Shopify plan or higher

I hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 3

Great question, and good thinking. We have a lot of clients who ask about this, so I wanted to share my two cents:

Lots of great ideas so far, so let's branch out and talk about how you can reinforce your promos with email marketing.

Inbox competition is a very real threat to ecommerce companies. Particularly around key shopping seasons, everyone sends more email than ever, and brands are always competing for the attention of subscribers. 

That’s why promotions are best sent at an off hour, compared to your typical email cadence. For example, if you usually send messages at ten in the morning, send an additional email at four in the afternoon as a reminder and to fight off your competitors.

Subject line testing is also critical. Make sure you write clear subject lines that let subscribers not only know why the offer is valuable, but also why it’s rare. Scarcity is among the great motivators of buying behavior. Customers want what is difficult to obtain. Let your promos give it to them.

We actually just wrote a longer blog post about this topic, if you want to read more:

https://bit.ly/2TzJJBy

Hope that's useful! See ya

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes