Is there an Affiliate Program that can change product prices with referral links?

Highlighted
3 0 0

We want to work with an affiliate program for our Shopify site, because we have bloggers doing collaborations, and we want to see how many people are clicking/buying from their links. The thing is, we want to move away from giving discount codes, that are being abused and messing with how we measure success. 

What we want to do is have the affiliate's link interact with the product price. We want the affiliate's referral link 1) set a tracking cookie and more importantly 2) change the price of the product to reflect that affiliates "deal" or discount (I'm not sure how to describe this - but I believe it might be a "pull-through discount"?) If you click on their link, it would automically take $5 off that product price, instead of someone typing in "5off" in the promo code area.

Basically, I want a link that gives the affiliate/customer a discount without having to have them put in a discount code. I'm looking at the affilate apps in the sotre and not seeing anyone that has anything close to this. 

Does anyone know an affiliate program that can do this already, or a likely candidate to have some custom coding done?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi Meg,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us!

Were you using a Customer Group discount where customers only named in the group are able to use that discount code? That would be a good way to make sure they are used by the right people!

I had a look in the app store, and I have not heard of anything like that which would work that way, so what you could do is reach to a developer to see if they can make that app for you!  You can post jobs on the Shopify experts requests page, and see what feedback and quotes you receive!

Thanks Meg!

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Anne,

I am not using a customer group. That doesn't work with out business model, becuase we are a baby product that is purchased only once. So I have new customers using a discount code given to them by a blogger/affiliate - and I want to instead to have that link trigger a discount, and have no codes at all. 

Is there any other way I could get this done? I'm willing to think out of the box here, but I'm not ready to jump to hiring someone.

-Can any of the apps trigger a credit to someone's account (that functions like a discount?) 

-I did send some emails to some app developers, and one of them mentioned that their app is "read-only" and can't change anything in the store. Is that true of every affiliate app? 

0 Likes