Issue with multiple Facebook Pixels

adorna
Excursionist
35 0 5

I have 2 pixels in my Facebook event manager, I do not understand this. For history, I have been running ads on Facebook even before I had a website on shopify.

So the 2 pixels are: 1). my old account's pixel & 2). Shopify's Ad pixel. 

This is confusing because I am allowed to integrate only 1 pixel in the events manager. I have integrated the 1st one, is this right or wrong?

And can I delete the one that was created after launching a Shopify website? Pls help.

adorna_1-1624772433284.png

0 Likes

Hi @adorna

With the recent iOS14 Update, you can only have 01 Pixel for 01 domain, and you'd need to verify your domain prior to running your facebook ads. 

This is confusing because I am allowed to integrate only 1 pixel in the events manager. I have integrated the 1st one, is this right or wrong? -> is your old pixel associated with your domain? If not, then it's wrong, it's the old pixel is already associated with your Shopify domain, then you can delete the latter. 

The key point here is that you'd need to verify your domain: Go to Your Business Manager -> Brand Safety -> Domains, see if your domain is verified yet, if not, proceed to verify your domain. 

Let me know if my answer is of any help or not, with a thumb up or like  

Have a good day. 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

0 Likes